𝘅𝘃𝗶𝗶. ALL THESE BATTLE SCARS.

ALL THESE BATTLE SCARS.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

LOST IN FIRE (book three)

°• CHAPTER SEVENTEEN •°

" YOU ARE WONKRU OR YOU
ARE THE ENEMY OF WONKRU!
CHOOSE! "

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

        Harley has been in wars since she was seventeen and was sent to a radiated planet to die. She wasn't an active member in them then, only advocating peace. However, this time, she was walking right into the battlefield, a sword in her hand that feels as if it contains the weight of mountains and heavy armor linked together over her shoulders. She's been preparing for a moment like this for six years. A part of Harley expects the enemy to be on the other side already, waiting for them thanks to Clarke, but the field is open and empty. She doesn't doubt they're watching somewhere, she thinks, coming up behind Bellamy from where he was guiding his sister.

He crouched behind a boulder, peering through the scope of his rifle. "Two pillboxes," he observed. "Just like Echo said."

The gray clouds that have swallowed the blue sky float above them at the same time they hear rapid machine gunfire. Harley isn't too startled by it. "Our signal?" She guessed quietly.

Bellamy nodded, taking another close look. "It's working," he announced. "They're moving out."

At his words, Octavia smiled in victory, when they hadn't even won yet. She turned around to face their army, pulling her sword out of her sheath and shooting the long blade into the air. One by one, the army holding different sorts of weapons started to file forward, following the three into the deadly warzone. Harley sent a short gaze to the mountain Bellamy had observed. It seemed small in the long distance between them, lightly draped with snow. She knew her brother was there, and the rest of her family, having a gunfight with a few of the prisoners. She only hoped they were alright.

The only sound that filled the air now was their footsteps as they march in between the silent cliffs on either side. Harley is snapped out of her praying thoughts when Indra squeezed herself in the middle of her and Bellamy, giving them an apologetic stare. "You did your best to stop this," she commented. "In the end, if we have to fight, it's better to win."

"At what cost?" Harley muttered without looking her in the eye.

Indra opened her mouth to reply, possibly to lecture Harley about fighting or surviving. But she's stopped when suddenly there are hundreds of guns firing at them, close and deadly. Harley's head whips around, lost in the crowd of their army, seeing dozens of prisoners pop out of their hiding spots, firing at them. There's more they can handle. Harley can tell just by the shouting of everyone around her, the painful cries, the weak shooting they were countering with. Through it, she hears Octavia's familiar voice scream over.