𝗶𝗶𝗶. HUNDREDS OF PRISONERS - AGAIN.

HUNDREDS OF PRISONERS - AGAIN.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

LOST IN FIRE (book three)

°•        CHAPTER THREE        •°

"        WHAT THE HELL DO WE DO?       "

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Harley felt warm all over as she smiled, so graceful and comforted at the idea that she couldn't find the words to express it. The mechanic had worked nonstop for a year, and now, there was more than hope they would return home. She had watched Raven nearly lose her mind trying to find a way down, every single day. It felt great that she had discovered a newfound solution but it couldn't compare to the overwhelming relief and happiness that Harley had nearly forgotten was like. She was going to see Octavia again at their planet they hadn't walked upon in years. It buzzed through her veins, desperate to break free.

"That's not all we have," Monty added. Harley turned her head to see his gloved hand flicked a switch and something new popped up. A waved line appeared in an oval, being followed with a static noise. "Lasercom," Monty explained to them.

"I mean it, McCreary. I'm not losing any more men today."

Every emotion Harley had deflated at the voice she didn't recognize coming from the radio's speaker. It was a woman but she couldn't pinpoint it. "Is that one of the prisoners?" She questioned.

"Has to be," Monty responded, focused. "Our radios were blocked by the residual radiation on Earth, but lasercom was designed to cut through worse atmospheric conditions than that."

Eagerly, Murphy jumped out of the chair. "Well, can we talk to them?"

"Wait," Bellamy stopped him. "We don't know who we're dealing with." He was right. Harley wanted to shout into the radio, search for any living information that Octavia was alive, but they didn't know who these people were. They more than likely had no idea who Octavia was. The only thing they had in common was being prisoners, or in Harley's case, in which she was just a delinquent. And she knew how dangerous their days at the dropship camp were. There's no telling how deadly these people were just yet.

A deeper voice, clearly male this time, spoke next. "Movement to the northwest."

"McCreary, do you see it?"

"I've found something better than movement. I've got tracks."

Softly gasping, shaking her head, Raven whirled to snap Bellamy out of his shocked gaze. "They're hunting our people."