𝘅𝘅. DIMMING HER OWN FIRE.

DIMMING HER OWN FIRE.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

LOST IN FIRE (book three)

°• CHAPTER TWENTY •°

" MAY WE MEET AGAIN. "

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

        When Harley's eyes open after sliding out of her platform, she's face to face with a boy she's never seen before. She doesn't process how familiar he looks - black hair with a streak of blond, kind brown eyes, a crinkling smile. She knows she's never seen him before. Her mind is still hazy from her long nap. That doesn't stop her next move. Harley's legs swing over from where she had been laying on her back, catching him by surprise when she grasps his arm and has it twisted behind his back, making him cry out in pain at the soreness that shoots up to his shoulder.

"Who the hell are you?!" She snarled, shoving him forward until he was pinned between the wall and herself. "Where are my friends?!"

"Harley, I'm - I'm Jordan. I'm not going to h...hurt you..." He stammered out. He sounds so afraid and like a child that Harley's heart hammered in her chest. Something felt wrong about this. Her grip reluctantly loosened but the boy, Jordan, doesn't try to squirm and get away from her. He's genuinely terrified she'll hurt him and he doesn't know how to defend himself.

"How do you know my name?" Harley demanded, this time without any poison in her tone.

"Jordan!" A voice called from the end of the hall. Harley turns her head to see Bellamy, moving quickly towards them. "We told you not to wake her or Echo first." When Harley sees him, her attack on Jordan ceased before she released him completely. He doesn't back away from her though, almost like he's not afraid. "Harley, he's harmless. He's - "

"I'm sorry," Jordan blurted before Bellamy could finish. "Mom and dad just always told me stories about you and I didn't think you'd attack me because they said you're always so nice and - "

Harley held her hands up to stop his nervous ranting that was spilling out. "Hold on. Mom and dad?" She repeated, eyebrows raised. "Kid, I've never seen you before in my life. I doubt I know your parents."

There's a crinkling smile on Bellamy's face that holds some sadness behind it. Harley can't understand why. "We'll explain it after," he began. "Why don't you wake up Echo and your brother first?" He suggested and turned away, about to leave them to it.

"And Octavia?"

It's Harley's question that makes Bellamy stop suddenly. He barely glanced over his shoulder at her. "Not yet, Harley." Then he leaves, the doors sliding shut behind him. She's confused but glances at Jordan who merely just shrugged. Harley supposed she understood. Maybe it wasn't the best time. By Bellamy's words, he was only waking Spacekru for now. That included her brother.