12. the one who felt butterflies

SHAWN MENDES
"It was amazing. I felt those things that you girls call butterflies."

I was sitting on Aaliyah's bed as she sat in front of me. I needed to talk to a girl since I don't have a lot of girls friends, so I decided to talk to my lovely sister.

"So what happened yesterday? Rachel didn't text me." She said as I smirked.

"It's normal. I was with her." I replied as she raised an eyebrow.

"With you?" She asked. "She told me about this guy."

"Yeah, well yesterday we went to the mall and we met her ex-boyfriend and he wouldn't let her so I came and I kissed her but she kissed me back," I told her as she gasped

"What? You guys kissed?" She replied

I nodded. "It was amazing. I felt those things that you girls call butterflies." I said with a smile

"Shawn, do you like her?" Asked my sister

"I-I don't know," I said with a shrug. "It's a little complicated no? I snapped at her then I'm the best friend ever and then I kissed her. This is confusing." I added

"Yeah, it is." Agreed my sister. "Maybe you should talk to her."

"About the fact that I may be like her?" I said as she nodded. "No, no and no. Sorry."

"You're such a little girl Shawn! You're not a teenager anymore." She said making me chuckle.

"I know. She makes me feel weird and I'm scared to snap at her for no reason." I added with a shrug. "I know. Don't need to tell it I'm weird."

"Fuck yes you are." She said with a laugh as I gasped

"Your language 'Liyah!" I said as she shrugged

"Dude I'm not five anymore." She said as I rolled my eyes.

We heard footsteps and seconds later, a familiar voice talked. "Aaliyah! Tell me about this b-" She stooped when she saw me. I raised an eyebrow. "Um tell me about this baby that you saw earlier."

"A boy, eh?" I asked my sister who looked away. "Are you serious?" I asked shocked

Rachel put her hand on my shoulder. "Shawn it's okay." I looked up and my face softened. "If you two are busy I can leave-"

I grabbed her hand. "No, you can stay I have to leave anyway." She nodded as I stood up. "Bye Aaliyah." I hugged her and kissed her forehead.

She smiled at me and I turned towards Rachel, she smiled at me as I hugged her and kissed her cheek. "See you later. The guys want to go out tonight, do you want to come?" She shook her head.

"You can go tho." She added with a shrug. "I'll order Chinese." She said as I chuckled.

"Okay see ya." I replied kissing her cheek one more time.

I went in the car before I started the engine I felt my phone vibrating, I grabbed it and looked. My lips automatically curved into a smile.

aaliyah;
kisses on the cheek, eh?
she definitely likes you too!

Rach😘;
See you tonight. Don't forget you have your laundry in your room. I did it 😘

This girl could make my day in seconds. Having a girl as a roommate was maybe a good idea.

[EDITED]
Hello, I definitely love writing this book!

I've been listening to my playlist from 2010 and damn I listened only to bops lol 😝

Thank you for all the support tho! You guys always make me want to write more. Thanks😘