46. the one who was a copycat of him

SHAWNMENDES
"She is literally a copycat of you!"

"Thank you Munich! Love you!" I yelled into the mic as everyone screams.

I waved one last time and ran backstage where Jack was waiting for me. He smiled and patted my back.

"You did great man! Excited?" He asked grinning. 

He was the only beside Andrew and Alessia who knew that I was flying back home for her and not my family. Even, my family didn't know that I was flying to Canada tonight. I grabbed my backpack and headed to the car.

"Wait Shawn!" Yelled a voice behind me. I turned around seeing Olivia and Alessia walking behind me.

"Sorry but I have a flight to catch." I told her. She rolled her eyes and wrapped her arms around me.

"Good luck with Rachel. Text me." She said quietly, I hugged her tighter and let her go a minute later. "See you soon, Mendes."

"See you soon, girls." I told them leaving the arena. Many fans were waiting outside the arena but I couldn't take photos with them so I waved.

Jake and I went in the car, a comfortable silent between us. I could tell by his face that he wanted to ask me so many questions but he was keeping it for only him and I was very thankful for that. The car parked in front of the airport, I took a deep breath and stepped into the airport.

[]

"Shawn, we landed." Whispered Jake. I groaned and realized that I fell asleep earlier.

"Do you have my phone?" I asked to him, he nodded and handed it to me.

"Rachel texted you earlier." He exclaimed, my eyes widened and quickly opened the messages, I didn't click on it and locked my phone.

"Wanna go to the hotel?" Jake asked to me as I shook my head.

"You can go, I need to go somewhere else." I told him, he nodded and took another taxi.

Once I succeeded to catch a taxi, I gave him the address of my old place which was Rachel and Maeve's now. My feet slowly walked to the front door, I could already her sweet laugh from outside.

Breathe, Shawn. Everything will be okay. I knocked softly and waited, five minutes later she finally opened the door.

She was beautiful and looked like she never was pregnant. Her eyes scanned my eyes as she looked for something to say to me.

"Rach? Where the fuck are you?" Yelled a voice behind her. A man appeared between her, his eyes grew wide at my sight. "Uh, I will leave." He kissed Rachel's cheek and left the apartment.

"You can come in." Said softly Rachel. "What are you doing here?" She asked looking at me.

"I..uh, you sent me a message and I thought that we really need to talk but not over the phone so I begged Andrew to fly here." I explained as a smile creeped on her face.

She was going to talk but been cut off by cries coming from the guest room. She excused herself and went there, I took a moment to examine the place. It looked exactly like how it was when I left, the pictures of us were still there and she added a few pictures of Maeve and her.

"Hey baby, I want you to meet someone." She cooed to the baby girl. "Wanna hold her?" She asked softly.

I looked at her in awe before nodded. Her face lighten as soon as she saw me. She had Rachel's eyes. "She is so pretty." I said

"Just like you." Rachel mumbled. "Wanna talk?" She asked taking Maeve back and walked to her room, I followed her as she put Maeve down in her crib.

"Is she mine?" I blurted, Rachel looked away. "You can tell me, I mean I can't promise you that I won't be mad but you can talk to me, Rach."

She looked up and bit her lower lip. "What if she's yours?" She asked

I frowned. "What does that mean?" I asked her as she looked away, another time. I put my hand under her chin and turned her head towards me. "Look at me, Rachel."

She sighed. "Would you have time for her if she is yours?" She asked, I knew she was referring about my career, my tour and many other things.

"Rachel, if she is my daughter I will give her all the time she needs and you know that." I told her sitting down.

"Just like you did with me? I don't want Maeve to grow up with a father who is always at the other side of the world and don't have time for his own daughter." She explained looking down at her hands. I knew she was still hurt by the fact that our relationship didn't work because of me.

"So, you are telling me that she's mine?" I asked her, she nodded. "I'm a dad?"

"Shawn! Don't be silly, look at her! She has your cheeks, your smile, your curls and your perfect smile." She said with a nervous laugh. "She is literally a copycat of you!"

I shrugged and looked at the woman that I love so fucking much but she had no idea of my feelings towards her. "Will you let me being in her life, well your life too?" I asked her.

"I guess so." She whispered looking at me.

"We need to talk about a lot of things, Rachel." I told her as she nodded agreeing with me.

I couldn't believe it, I was a dad and I was back in their lives.

[EDITED]
sorry for the mistakes
YAY
also I took a lot of time to write cause my sister closed the door on my finger so it's all purple and ew ksksks
it hurts really bad lmaO but WHAteveR