47. the one who sounded cheesy

RACHEL PLARAS
"Who thought it would be that hard to talk."

He was there right in front of me, sitting on my..our couch. He looked sexier than when he left, his hair were grown up. He looked tired but definitely happy with what he was doing.

"So?" I asked to him as he looked up. "What do we need to talk?" I said

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked looking straight at me.

I sighed and cleared my throat. "Shawn, I told you to leave me alone and when I realized that I was pregnant, well, I didn't see myself calling you and say 'oh, Shawn I'm pregnant can you come back home?'" I took a deep breath. "Because, it would be selfish. You were organizing your tour and it would have been stressful for me." I told him.

"Rachel, you know that having a baby with you is all I dreamt of." He said raising his voice a little.

"Yes. But what was your big dream?" I asked to him.

"To sing- but that doesn't mean anything. I will always have time for my family because we are a family and we need to stay strong no matter what." He told me softly. "Being a singer is amazing but being with you and Maeve is so much better." He softly said to me kissing my cheek.

"If you say so." I told him. "You promise that you will be by her side?" I asked with glossy eyes.

"I promise Rachel." He answered to me. "Who knows about the baby?" He asked.

"Well, pretty everyone since I posted a picture but personally, my family and a friend." I answered quickly.

"The friend who kissed your cheek earlier?" He asked taking a sip of his water that I brought him earlier.

"Yeah, Theo. He's the one who convinced me to tell you that she was yours." I said with a little smile.

"Can I tell my parents?" He asked innocently. "We don't have to."

"Of course, we have to. They have a grandchild plus Aaliyah will be so thrilled about the fact that she is an auntie now!" I squealed making Shawn chuckle.

Shawn looked at me with awe, his eyes were staring at my face and his lips were curved into a smile.

"What do you need to say?" I asked to him

"I..erm.." He took a deep breath. "Who thought it would be that hard to talk." He added with a little laugh.

"Spill" I said to him as he nodded.

"I still love you Rachel." He blurted looking down. "You're still the only one in my heart and I-I can't live without you." He told me.

He chuckled. "Wow, that sounded extremely cheesy." He exclaimed as I laughed quietly.

"Fucking cheesy." I added, he looked at me and arched an eyebrow. "You can go on." I said to him as he thanked me.

"You don't need to say it back but I love you with all my heart, Rachel. And, I hope there's still a part of you who loves me." He whispered, I stood up and hugged him.

"I can't say it back, I'm so sorry." I whispered into his chest. "It's not that I don't love you but the words won't come out." I told him as I felt his heartbeats getting faster and faster.

"Thank you for accepting me in her life and yours." He whispered in my hear.

It has been practically a year that his arms were not wrapped around me like they used to be, it has been a year that I didn't hear his soft voice saying me 'i love you'. God knew, I loved him but it wasn't the right moment to say it back, not after our reunion.

"About your parents, we could meet them tomorrow if you are okay with it." I said softly to him still in his strong arms.

He looked down and nodded, his grip tightened making me giggle. "I will call them tonight." He said smiling.

"Where are you staying?" I asked to him.

"The hotel, Jake is waiting for me there." He said letting me go. I wished he would hug me again. "I will text you about my parents' answer." He said grabbing his jacket.

"Yeah. Be safe. Text me when you're at the hotel." I said to him, he grinned and kissed my forehead like he used to do before leaving the apartment. "Bye Shawn!" I waved at him.

"Bye Rach, say 'I love you' to Maeve from me." He told me waving back. "Have a good night." He said before walking in the lift.

And, he was gone again.

[EDITED]
Love this book and that's the real tea
I hope you liked it! Tell me what you think of it!

Also sorry for the mistakes LOL