Chapter 4

"How... what..." I mumbled to myself as I looked around. I didn't see anyone or anything besides a dumpster. "Strange.." So I decided to head back home before Aunt May got suspicious of why I wasn't home on time.
-
-
Next Day at School

Y/n's POV

'I'm going to break the one rule I've kept to myself my whole life. I'm going to tell someone and who else better to tell then my best friend Michelle right? After all she is the only person that became my friend in the beginning.' I thought to myself.

As I headed to my class during passing time, I felt a shove from behind me causing me to fall to the ground in front of me.

"Hey bitch. So your 'boyfriend' had guts to try and humiliate me in the cafeteria yesterday in front of everyone. I won't tolerate such behavior from anyone.' Jeanie said as Bri stood next to her. Unfortunately the other who was usually there too wasn't because she was sick.

"What?.." I told her "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Little ol' Nerdy Peter Parker and his loser of a friend." She said

"They're NOT losers." I told her in an angry tone. Apparently she didn't like that I said that because she punched my face hard causing me to get a bruise on my cheekbone. 'Fantastic' I thought to myself.

"I will not be disrespected at my school." She said and left down the hallway.

"Your school my ass. You don't own it bitch." I mumbled as I got up. As I thought my luck couldn't get much worse... the bell rang. 'Well my day is having a spectacular start.' I thought to myself.

I grabbed my things and rushed to class. I knocked on the door. The teacher wasn't that happy I was late but let it slide this one time. All eyes landed on me again. Peter and Ned were in my class and sat next to each other as I made myself to the back and sat next to Michelle. My bruise was clearly visible and Michelle decided to ask the million dollar question.

"What happened? Why do you have a bruise on your cheekbone?!" She said in a low worried tone so no one but me could hear.

"Jeanie was angry that Peter stood up for me at lunch yesterday. She thought he was trying to humiliate her in front of everyone." I told her then said "she also made it seem like if he was my boyfriend."

Michelle had a sad smile but then said "she's a bitch, but you do like him don't you?"

"I do but that's besides the point. He likes Liz." I told her

"Yeah sure he likes Liz but that doesn't explain why I see him glancing over at you every few minutes." Michelle said and that took me by surprise.

"What?.." I said then looked over to see that Peter had quickly looked back at the board where the teacher was writing down something history related. I kept my mouth shut and heard MJ giggle right next to me as I looked back at board. "Shhh.." I told her quietly and the teacher caught us.

"Girls? Is there anything you'll like to share with the class?" She asked and MJ quickly responded by saying

"No. We're good. Sorry for interrupting Mrs."

'Nice save' I thought to myself then turned to her.

"I need to tell you something that's important after class." When I said that she looked at me with a nod.
-
-
After Class

Y/n's POV

"MJ!" I said as I waved for her to come near the janitor's closet since no one ever went there.

"You couldn't tell me at gym? We have that next." She said

"Actually we have that later and we have biology then gym." I told her and she rolled her eyes.

"Okay okay, what is it." She asked and I looked to see if anyone was coming. Luckily no one was.

"Okay, so you know Shadow? The girl who goes around saving people, crimes and such?" I asked her

"Yeah... what about her. She's cool but what.." she asked me a little confused

"That's me." I blurted out but still in a low tone.

"What? No way.. seriously?"

"Yes seriously. Look.." I said and pointed to the kid with his locker open. I motioned my hand to make his locker door close and he looked around spooked. "See?"

"Omg.. that's amazing!" She said

"Yeah but you're the only one I've told and I'm trying not to get exposed here due to the potential risks and dangers." I replied and MJ just looked at me with a smile and nodded like before

"You're secret is safe with me. Now let's go before we're late." She said punching my arm gently and walking off. I followed not that long after.
-
-
30 minutes into the next class

Peter's POV

This is the only class I have without Michelle or Y/n and I had to tell Ned something since he already found out about me being Spider-Man the other day.

"Ned.. did you see the bruise Y/n had on her face?" I asked

"Yeah. I'm pretty sure everyone did and it had to be that Jeanie bully we saw yesterday at lunch." He told me.

"Not cool.. but anyway. I met Shadow yesterday."

"Wait really?! How did she look? Did she talk to you? Is she really tall like they say? Did you see her pow-" he started to say

"Ned. Calm down. No I didn't see how she looked because she had her hoodie covering half of her face. She didn't talk to me just gave me a handshake to let me know that she understood and no she's not 6 feet 7 inches. Wow people have an imagination. Although I did see her use her power to stop a high speed criminal chase down the street. After that she ran off and disappeared. I don't know where she went because when I tried to catch to her, she was gone out of thin air." I said

"Maybe she can teleport!" Ned whisper yelled.

"Shhh. Maybe and that could be a possibility." I said then the bell rang for gym. "Come on. We have gym."