Chapter 26

Couldn't have been at least 30 minutes into the project when the teacher got a call over her intercom. "Mrs. Vesper?" They called. "Yes?" The teacher answered. "Would you mind sending Y/n down to the office?" They asked and the teacher said that she was heading down as they spoke— causing the office to hang up on the other line. The whole class was disrupted by it and you shared a quick look with Mj before grabbing your phone; sliding it into your back pocket— recording button pressed already just in case. Something was up.

It had to be. It couldn't have been a coincidence. Getting wounded the night before then this? Your senses were kicking in telling you to keep a close eye just in case. Never be too sure who is lurking around the corner, or in the dark if you were in hero mode. Waking out of the classroom, you kept yourself calm on the way down the hallway. Didn't need to panic yourself just in case if it turned out to be someone else and not who you were thinking it was. Unbeknownst to you, however, Mj messaged Peter on what just happened. Telling him that you had just got called down to the office and neither of you knew of why.

The hall looked semi dark seeing how it was extremely cloudy outside— said it was going to rain towards the afternoon; if not, later on tonight. No one knew exactly for sure seeing how the weather was crazy at times. Rainy some days, says it's going to rain but never does, etc. The semi dark hall just added onto the feeling deep in the pit of your stomach; and it wasn't the good kind either. More of the, time to turn and get the fuck out of there, kind. The one you usually got during an intense battle or some kind. Didn't mean any good news whatsoever.

For some odd reason, you were wondering where in the hell Jeanie was. She wasn't in halls like usual, so where did she go? All of that was answered once you had arrived, turned the door knob and entered the principal's office. He was there.. Sitting across from the man who had called you down. Even though you could see him from the back view, it was only much worse when you walked over from the side and sat on the chair beside him. Not even having to take a glance over to the side of you, you could already feel the wave of danger feeding off of him. There was also his signature sinister like smirk plastered along his face.

"Y/n. You're uncle is here to pick you up from school. Says you have a dentist appointment and you won't be returning. Meaning I'll have to see you in class tomorrow." The principal said and you paid no attention to the man beside you as you replied with a lie "he's not my uncle. I don't know him at all." The principal eyed the man as he spoke. "She's my niece. I can have proof brought in if that is necessary." The principal kept his stern like tone as he told the man, "no proof will be necessary. If the young girl says she doesn't know you, she doesn't know you. I will not have one of my students go into the hands of one they truly don't know and do not feel safe with." By that, you were dismissed back to class but it was before your uncle shot a glare towards your direction.

As soon as you exited the office, you bolted back towards your class room. By the time you had actually arrived, the bell rang for lunch. Luckily, Mj was nice enough to bring your belongings with her. "What happened?!" She whispered yelled towards you. "Thank you." You started to say as you took your things back before dragging her with you to the closest bathroom. Taking you about two seconds to check if anyone else were inside the bathroom, you decided to tell her on what happened. "Wait, really?! He's here?!" She questioned. "Yes! Now can we just hurry up to lunch while it's still crowded?" You told her and she nodded her head; grabbing your arm as she dragged you this time. Peter and Ned caught up along the way.

Peter noticed the look on your face while you four were waiting in line. Ned and Mj had gotten their lunch. "We'll meet you guys back at the table" Peter told them and they left the two of you alone. "Want to tell me why you got called down to the office?" Peter asked in a calm manner. You explained to him just as you did with Mj. He wasn't happy due to the face he pulled. "W-want to come over? Maybe.. s-stay the night in case? You know, cause of your.. uncle and things?" He stuttered our questionably after a few minutes of silence. Looking over at him, you gave him a small smile as you replied "sure." He smiled lightly in return.

As the two of you made your back towards the table, both of you were surprised to see a girl named Alice sitting beside Ned. "Hey, guys!" Ned started to say. "This is Alice. She said she can palm read." He added and you raised an eyebrow as Peter made a face. This time, he decided to sit next to you; across from Ned. Ned had somehow managed to persuade Peter into letting Alice read his palm. Mj was asked but declined. You knew she would anyway. Now this time, Ned was trying to persuade you. "No." You said and had been for the past two minutes till you knew Ned would NEVER give up till you gave in.

"Fine, Fine. Quick." You stated as you placed your hand on Alice's with you palm faced up. Taking her free hand, she let it linger above the other before quickly striking it with what felt like a needle; causing you to rip your hand away and flinch. "What the fuck-" you started to say and before you could get an answer, she disappeared. "The hell...." Peter muttered as he looked around to see where Alice had went. There was a bit of blood from the impact as you grabbed a nearby napkin and added pressure till it had stopped. "Why did she want your blood?" The three asked and a theory popped into your mind but you were hoping it wasn't it. You hoped it wasn't what you were thinking.