Chapter 22

"I think.. I'm just going to lie.." I started to say before everything started to go dark. Before I went unconscious and nearly collapsed on the ground, Peter caught me.
-
-
Peter's POV

Location: Y/n's Apartment

Right when she teleported us from Liz's house into what looks like an apartment, she started to talk.

"I think.. I'm just going to lie.." is what she said and I could tell that her face was starting to look pale. Right when I saw her starting to fall, I quickly caught her and picked her up.

"Hey Karen? Where are we?" I asked

"It appears that we are in fact at Y/n's apartment." She told me as I made my way over to her couch.
'It doesn't look as dark as I thought it would. Then again, why am I making assumptions?' I asked myself

"Karen check Y/n for injuries."

"She appears to have a bullet on her side, along with a concussion from the fall. She's losing blood Peter so the best time to act is now."

"Okay, where?"

"On her right side." She answered and I pulled up her hoodie along with her shirt just a bit to see the wound.

"Yeah that looks bad." I said and pulled off my mask, placing it down next to me. Running to her bathroom, I opened up the closet and grabbed some medical supplies then went back.
-
I pulled over the little wooden stool that was next to the couch and brought it directly in front of Y/n. Sitting down, I webbed a nearby bowl towards me and poured a little bit of alcohol into it. (The medical alcohol not the drink). Before doing anything I damped a cloth I managed to get, in water and started to clean to wound.

"Karen check her pulse."

"It's beating but dropping slowly due to the bullet. You'll need to pull out the bullet with tweezers."

"I don't have that."

"I've located some in Y/n's room on top of her drawer."

I nodded my head and got up quick to fetch them. "Hey Karen? Where's her room?"

"Down the hall to your right."

I went exactly where she told me and opened the door to her room.

(If you don't like it, you could always change it 😊)

"Woah.." I said as I went in and looked over towards the drawer. The tweezers were right where Karen had said they would be. Walking over, I grabbed the tweezers but before I left her room, I saw my clothes nicely folded on her bed. I raised an eyebrow wondering how it had gotten there then left her room.

I made my way back to the living room where Y/n laid on the couch. I pulled off the gloves of my suit and made sure they were nearby. (I don't actually remember if his gloves come apart from his suit so if it doesn't then forgive me).

Rubbing the tweezers in alcohol then drying them off with a paper towel, I sat back on the stool and looked over her wound. It seemed as if it was going to bleed again so I had to hurry.

Gently placing my hand on the side of the wound, I took the tweezers with my other hand and reached in for the bullet. "Karen, am I close?"

"Yes Peter. Just reach forward a little more and you should have it." She told me and I moved the tweezers a bit more and grabbed what felt like metal.

"I think I got it."

"You do. Now be careful removing it. If you don't keep a steady hand in removing the bullet, it's possible that it could electrocute her again."

"Alright. Check her pulse."

"It's dropping still but move quickly. She's about to wake up." Karen stated and I did as instructed. Removing the bullet straight out of the wound.
-
Y/n's POV

I slowly started to stir but winced at the pain on my side. My eyes were still closed but I could hear what sounded like a metal dropping to a container. That's when the pain started to hurt a little more and I groaned as I tried to move.

"Wait Wait Y/n. I'm almost done. Let me patch it."

That voice.. sounded like Peter's, but it couldn't have been. How would he have gotten inside my ap-... wait.. now I remember.. I teleported both of us back here.

I opened my eyes to see Peter looking at me. His face filled with concern. I pulled back my hoodie so it didn't cover my face anymore. Looking over at the table, I could see what seemed like a lot of blood and the bullet in meta container.

"Just don't move. Okay?" He said in a calm and reassuring voice. I just nodded my head and laid my head back on the pillow next to me.

When I moved to get up, it must've made more blood come out of my wound because I could see Peter wiping the blood around it. He then grabbed a needle and thread.

"Stitching?!" I asked not prepared for it. I'm never prepared when it comes to needles. It's not that I didn't mind them because I can see one and be fine. It's the thought of them being inserted into skin to seal a wound.

Peter looked up at me with a 'I'm sorry but I have to' look. I nodded my head and looked away. I saw a nearby mirror leaning against the wall and when I saw myself, I could see how pale my face was. Giving a small sigh, I closed my eyes.

Peter disinfected the needle before inserting it at the opening of the wound. I groaned in pain and he gave a small sad smile. He didn't like seeing me hurt.
-
~ 4 Minutes later ~

"You're all stitched and patched up." He started to say and looked at me. I was unconscious again.

"Y/n? Karen check status."

"She's unconscious. The pain was a bit much but her heart rate is steady. You did a good job Peter." She reassured him.

Peter gave a small smile and cleaned up his mess. After he was done, we went over to the bathroom sink and washed off the blood from his hands. It wasn't long till he got his clothes, changed and sat across from me on the chair instead of the stool.