Chapter 8

"Will all students please head down to the Gymnasium for the assembly. All students head down." The intercom in the speaker said. Everyone got off of their seats including me and Ned.
-
-
(The picture above is just an example. So just picture all of the students sitting on one side of the gymnasium and the presentation in the middle. No screen. Just two people on the left side with a poster board about protective sex and two people on the right side about car safety)
-
Assembly

Y/n's POV

"Let's sit over here." I said to Mj as we made our way over towards the other side of the gym bleachers. We were near the bottom so it can be easier for us to leave. Michelle waved at Ned and Peter when they came in so they can sit near us.

"Did you really have to do that?" I asked her

"Yes. Plus I like seeing your cheeks flush up that light pink color when he's around." Michelle said

I rolled my eyes playfully and looked around with my eyes.

"Hey guys." Peter said and sat directly behind us with Ned. Ned being right behind Mj and Peter behind me.

"Your cheeks are turning pi-" Mj started to say in a whisper to me

"Shut it!" I told her quietly and chuckled. Everyone was now seated on the bleachers waiting for the presentation to start. That's when the back of my head started to hurt a bit. Something was off.

We were just 5 minutes into it now and something didn't seem right. I heard footsteps from far away. That's when I noticed that I had to do something, or at least find out. I texted Michelle so I didn't say it out loud.

Y/n 🔮:
"Something is wrong and my head hurts. I'm going to check it out. Can you cover for me if anyone asks?"

Bookworm 📚:
"Yeah sure. Just be safe. If anything, I'll let them know that you just went to use the bathroom."

Y/n 🔮:
"Thank you so much! I owe you one!"

Bookworm 📚:
"Get me the last book of Harry Potter
and we'll be even."

Y/n 🔮:
"Alright deal."

I sneaked out to the left of the bleachers knowing there was a door that lead to the main hallway. That's where my locker was. 'Okay. Get my hoodie, find out who's here looking for trouble and get back to the assembly.' Is what I thought when I got to the hallway. I quietly and quickly ran over to my locker, placed my bag in, placed my hoodie in my bag so no one could see it, closed my locker and ran to the janitor's closet. "Good. No one's here." I said to myself.

I got in, placed my bag in the corner and placed my black hoodie on. Since I already had black jeans on and my black converse, it didn't matter much. The only thing I was missing was my red lipstick. I bent down to my bag and opened up the front small pocket revealing the product. Putting it on as quick as I could, I put the hoodie over my head and covered half of my face. As I made it back towards the doors where I exited of the gym, I heard men yelling at the students inside.

"DOES ANYONE KNOW SHADOW!" One man yelled.

I carefully and quietly opened the door and sneaked in without anyone noticing me. As I hid next to the bleachers, no one responded.

"ALRIGHT FINE." The same man yelled then told the other men, "SHOOT THEM ALL!"

Right when the men raised their guns to shoot at the students, I ran out just in time and used my forcefield to block all of the incoming fire. I stood their in the middle but in front of the bleachers. The forcefield I created shielded all of the students from getting it. Everyone was shocked to see I was there.. or should I say 'Shadow.'

"She doesn't come out at this time" One girl said

"Yeah I've only heard of her coming out to solve crime during the night." Another said

I grunted from how much power I was using and moved one of my hands facing the men. With it, I used my Telekinesis to throw all of their guns to the side. Blood slowly started to drip from my nose as my teeth gritted against each other. "Grrrr" was what came out of me as I tried to maintain the forcefield.

A man that seemed like he worked for them had a grenade latched on to a belt he was wearing. It seemed as if he was going to rip it off and throw it. 'Think quick y/n' I said to myself. I had no other choice but to used a power blast.

"EVERYONE DOWN!" I yelled at the students. Luckily they all listened. That was my moment. I quickly dropped the forcefield and lit up my hands with was looked like green power balls. I then yelled
"Grrr AHHH!" And slammed both of my hands on the ground. It blasted them all back to the other bleachers on the other side. They were unconscious.

I felt a bit lightheaded and not to mention the blood that was dripping from my nose. My eyes were green again from the amount of power I used. Standing up, I walked over towards all of the men. I glanced back at the students and saw them sitting straight again. Watching me. One of them shouted "She's bleeding from her nose!" And others started to whisper. I don't know what they were talking about but then some started to say thank you.

With a wave of my hand, I used Telekinesis to bring all of the men who were unconscious together. I walked over to the gym supply closet that was open nearby and grabbed rope. I tied them all together manually since I didn't want to drain out my magic. Which I probably did already but that's besides the point. After I did that, I almost stumbled backwards but quickly caught myself.

"Thank you so much Mrs." The Principal told me and I just nodded before exiting through the nearest door to the hallway again. I almost fell on the way to the janitor's closet. When I finally got in, I fell to the floor. The door was closed so it wasn't open if anyone passed by but I grabbed my phone and messaged MJ.

Y/n 🔮:
"Michelle... I need help.. please.. janitor's closet.."

Bookworm 📚:
"I'm coming!"

Everything around me started to get blurry. I couldn't get the hoodie off but Michelle already knew who I was anyway so she won't be surprised. That was until I noticed the door open and two more pairs of feet standing with her. 'Oh god. Please don't tell me she brought Peter and Ned.'