Chapter 10

"Hey I'll see you both later tonight. My mom's here to get me." Ned said and I waved him goodbye as he left. Peter walked away alongside me towards his apartment.
-
-
Peter's POV

As I walked down Centers Street with Y/n by my left side, I glanced over at her and saw how beautiful she looked. Even though she looked tired and worn out from the amount of power she used, she still had that glow. The way her h/l/c  h/c hair hung and had a slight bounce to it as we walked. The way the sunlight hit at a certain angle which made it shine and when we passed by elementary kids coming out of school made her smile, god.. it made me smile. She must've caught me looking at her because snapped me back into reality by saying

"Peter?.. is there something on my face?.. are you alright?.." she said

"N-no.. there's nothing on your face.. you're good and I'm.. g-good. Yeah. Sorry." I told her. 'Why am I stuttering so much??' I asked myself in my head as we kept walking down the street.
-
-
Y/n's POV

Me and Peter were both walking down Centers Street when I felt as if he was looking at me but I shrugged it off. 'He can't like me... he likes Liz. I'm nothing compared to her.' I thought to myself. It was still sunny out as we walked and when the cloud moved away from the sun, it brightened everything back up around us. The sound of the elementary kids leaving school with smiles on their faces as some laughed made me smile. That's when I glanced in the corner of my eye and saw Peter still looking at me. 'I'm ugly... why is he still looking at me... is there something on my face that I'm unaware of?' I thought so I asked

"Peter?.. is there something on my face?.. are you alright?.." I asked

"N-no.. there's nothing on your face.. you're good and I'm.. g-good. Yeah. Sorry." I heard him say with a smile then he looked away.

"Oh.. okay and it's alright." I replied.

It was quiet for a while as we turned on our street that both of our apartments were on. I've always had this feeling that people won't like me when they meet me. It was just a feeling I had and I don't know why I got it.

"Will your Aunt May like me?" I blurted out of curiosity

He looked a little shocked but still had the smile on his face. "Of course she will. Why wouldn't she?" He replied and I just looked straight

"I don't know. I was just wondering." I said and we saw the sun starting to slowly go down as it turned 4.
-
As we arrived at the front of his apartment door, I was getting a bit nervous. I've been over anyone's house except for Michelle's once but that was months ago. Perhaps the real reason why I was nervous was because I was standing in front of my crush's door waiting to be invited in.

He pulled out a key from his front jeans pocket on the right side then slid it into the key hole, turned it to the left and opened the door. "Come on." He told me as he looked over his shoulder to me and gestured in.

I walked in slowly behind him and immediately heard and smelt someone cooking in the kitchen. "Is your Aunt home?" I asked him in a low whispered like tone.

He chuckled as he turned and closed the door before facing back at me. "Yeah. She's usually home around this time cooking dinner. Come meet her."

"Peter?! Is that you?! Are you home?!" She yelled from the kitchen as she heard the the front apartment door close. "Wait I'm coming.." she also said then what sounded like a bag of rice spilled on the floor and we both her silent cursing. I smiled because I'm can usually be clumsy too or things just decide to fall when I'm busy doing something else.

Me and Peter started to head towards the kitchen area where she was. Well I was actually a bit behind Peter as we walked because it was his apartment. When I saw his aunt having trouble sweeping the left over rice on the floor, I offered her a hand. "Here, let me help." I said as I grabbed the broom and started to sweep.

"Why thank you dear." She said and looked over at Peter. "And who might this lovely young lady be Peter?"

"A friend of mine, Y/n  y/l/n." He said and I smiled at her after I finished then lent out a hand.

She had gladly took it and gave it a little shake. "Well it's lovely to meet you Y/n, I'm Peter's Aunt May."

"It's lovely to meet you too May." I mentioned

"Yeah Y/n actually lives across the street by herself."

"Really? Well you are more than welcomed to come over if you feel like it." May told me and I nodded my head. "Thank you." I replied.

"Dinner would be ready at 5" she told the both of us as Peter took my hand and led me to his room.

When he took ahold of my hand, I could feel my cheeks grow a light pink. 'Am I blushing? I better not be.. I don't want him to notice.." I thought to myself.
-
We entered his room and I carefully placed my bag on the side of his desk as I looked around his room. I was amazed on how simple yet organized it looked. A poster or two on one wall, a frame on the other, a small bookshelf for his books, a desk that held a lot of technology supplies as if it was his little lab and bunk beds next to his window. As I lightly slid my finger across his little desk, I smiled then turned and sat on his bed.

"I didn't know you were like a tinker fairy." I giggled and he looked at me with a confused look as he placed some things away.

"A wha-" he started to say then noticed what I was talking about and chuckled "ohhh.. yeah I like to experiment on somethings and work on little projects when I'm not fixing my web shooters."

"So those are what they're called? Web shooters?"

"Yeah. They help out a lot and help me swing around." He mentioned and I just nodded my head.

"Okay so what are we studying for?" I asked and he pulled out a textbook from his bag then responded "Chemistry."