Chapter Eight

"I need space? — Maybe I do really need space."  I said to myself when I got out of his grip and started walking towards the door where Aki's cousins are.

I opened the back door and saw them standing holding their gifts, smiling. "Ommo!" I said startled.

"Aki was really upset when the three of you said that you can't come. Aigooo!" I added while shaking my head as I crossed my arms infront of my chest. Then they all smiled.

"You really love teasing her, don't you?" I ask, smirking.

"I will love her reaction after this," Woozi said smiling with his arms crossed.

"We will surely die after this." Dino said, worried.

"Don't worry Dino, I'm sure this will be fun." Dk said while putting his arms behind Dino's neck.

The four of us entered and saw Aki sitting at the corner. I went to her back and placed a blindfold on her. The three of them stood at the center holding their gifts while I guided Aki to them.

"Surprise!" We all shouted and Aki removed her blindfold.

Aki looked so surprised and was about to tear up but before she could we all had a group hug. Minghao went at my back and joined the hug. The hug ended but Minghao was still back hugging me I turned my head a little to see him with his eyes closed.

"Yahh." I said while moving my shoulder a little. He opened his eyes and moved away after removing his embrace. They were all looking at us. Their eyes were filled with oddness. "Yah it's tickling me," I added as an excuse. From that moment Zujin and Jun went to the both of us.

"The both of you tell us the truth." They said in unison.

"What's the problem between you two?  It's like every moment that we are all together with the group the both of you are always making up excuses." Jun said.

"Jebal Malhaejwo." Zujin added. I was about to explain but — "What's happening?" Loonie muttered behind us. We looked back at her to see her slightly faking a smile.

"You know it's nice if you open up with the group." She suggested.

Minghao looked at me and tears were slowly forming as I kept on worrying if we'll all split up knowing about the break up. When in fact Minghao has his own friends, I have mine and we were all formed as one. My mind was full of what if'S. "What if we all grow apart?, What if they don't understand?, What if they'll think I'm overreacting?" I was confused.

I sat at the corner while tears were streaming down my face. Minghao went to Jun, Zujin and Loonie to ask for some privacy. "I'll talk to her." He said with a low voice and smiled a bit.

He knelt in front of me and held my right hand, my other hand kept on wiping my tears. "I know you are confused but it's also okay to share it with me. I am still your friend, aren't I?" As I heard the word 'friend' the more I cried assuming that no one loves me anymore. That no one will understand me.

"Hey, stop crying it's been a month since our break up. You still can't move on?" He teased.

This is one of the reasons why I broke up with him when times like this he can't even be serious. "Yah, Neega Shiro!" I pulled my hand and stood up walking away from him but he again took a grip of my wrist and pulled me close to him again.

"You know sometimes I hate seeing you walking away without even letting me understand what's happening. Please just for once let know what's going on inside your head." he whispered while rubbing my back. "I am still here." He said it unclear and I wasn't able to hear it because I was sobbing very hard.

I tried to get away from his embrace but I couldn't find my strength. "Yahh!  Let go of me! No one will even try to understand!" I shouted pushing him.

"Na. I'm—"

"Mwo! What's you again?! You don't even know a single thing since then!" I shouted again pushing and hitting him non stop on his chest.

He grab both of my hands and pinned me on the wall. I saw his eyes that were soaked with tears. "Y/N! I tried! I tried, Okay!? And up until now I am still trying to fix us. I guess my best wasn't enough for you!" he said letting me go and walking outside the house.

[Minghao's POV]

I went outside the house to find some fresh air and Mingyu followed me putting his arms on my shoulders trying to comfort me.

"Some Love quarrel again? Or something worst?" he looked at me and smiled a bit.

Looking at him made me cry. I cried on his shoulder. "I don't know what to do anymore I tried everything." I said, sobbing.

"What happened?" he said patting my back.
"We broke up a month ago." I said.

"I noticed that... Why didn't you tell it to our friends?" he asked breaking the hug straightly looking in both of my eyes.

"It was our own problem and I was even trying to fix it. I don't want to bother you all about our personal problem."

"How did you broke up exactly?" he again asked.

"I was practicing for our final performance in dance class when she texted me. I know it was all my fault for being an insensitive boyfriend but I just can't let her go so easily ." I replied.

"Maybe she just need some space. Let her be just for this day. Okay?" he advised.

"Want me to bring you a drink?" Mingyu added.

"You know that I don't drink, right?" I said.

"Just for now? Try to drink and let go all that's bothering you."

"You know I just can't. I still have to drive her home. Scoups hyung lend his sister's safety to me this morning." I said.

"Arasso, I'll just bring you some water then." he said slightly opening the door.

"Eo—"