Chapter Fourteen

[Y/N's POV]

The both of us entered the room and saw nothing.

"Oh you're here," I heard Minghao's Mother from behind.

We slowly faced her and saw that she was forcing a smile.

"Minghao was sent again to the Emergency Room." Her eyes were forming tears again as we walk towards her. "Y/N... Minghao loves you very much. I know you are too. I hope you won't get sick of helping him recover and helping him remember everything because you are the only one whom he listens to." I was confused of her words and looked over at mingyu. His face was as confused as mine.

"Auntie, What do you mean?" He asked.

"Minghao was diagnosed with amnesia. He's in coma since yesterday." She explained.

"So there's a possibility that..."

"Yes, there is." She said before I could ever finish my sentence. "The doctor said there is no guarantee if it'll be  temporary or permanent. They are still making some tests."

I was shocked at her statement. How can I  even help him IF he sees me as a stranger who's like bothering him all through the way. Think positive Y/N. 'There is no guarantee' it keeps on playing inside my head.

"There's no guarantee~ Y/N stop thinking about that! You trust him don't you? He will never. He'll never ever, he'll forget about you-" I had my face lowered down while sitting at a bench waiting for him to be stable again as another fresh tear escaped. "If only I had my decisions firm before. This wouldn't have happened." I said clear enough just for me to hear. Unfortunately, someone heard all of that.

"It's not your fault tho. I already told you this but you kept on blaming yourself every time. I know it was wrong that you made everyone wait and at the same time confused including yourself when you already knew what you really want. You were confused and you made it worst by keeping it to yourself sometimes you need someone you can count on. A mistake isn't what defines his feelings. It was pure, I saw his tears since the day you broke up with him, he has always been there looking out for you. I sometimes see him at your door sitting for hours just to see if you're alright. And that's when I realised something was odd until I started observing but didn't say anything. He was still thinking of you even though you always push him away. He's still yours since yesterday." I cried after hearing him say all that. I clearly made myself look smart in a very wrong way. I was blinded by my anger. I was blinded.

"I didn't kno-" I was cut off because of his warm embrace.

"You didn't because he did not want to let you know nor let you go." I can feel him smiling from behind.

"I'm sorry Mingyu,"

"Wae?"

"Because you were the one who witnessed all of these... Sorry for being a burden."

"The both of you had never been a burden to me, you are my best friends after all. You're lucky I was the one who witnessed all of that because if not, the 'other one' will surely judge you, I THINK, or even criticise you all the way." He said pulling away before he cupped my cheeks wiping my tears with his thumbs.

A few seconds I heard my phone beeped. I had one message –"Look to your right cry baby." Message from Seungcheol. I totally have a very nice brother.

"YAH!" I shouted as he was smirking. "You're not helping,"

"Ohh yes I am little sis here's your clothes, you go change first, the others went home and will come here later." He lifted a shopping bag in front of my face.

I stood up and snatched it from him. He patted my back three times before I could ever walk pass him.

After changing I went back to see them smiling and I was confused.

"What's with that face?" I said narrowing my eyebrows.

"Minghao is stable again we can visit him in his room now and the doctor said that he'll possibly wake up tomorrow." Mingyu explained.

"Jinja?!" I ran as fast as I could to his room just to see him sleeping while his mother was beside his bed.

"Auntie, Can I stay here with you until he wakes up?" I looked at her with my puppy eyes then to Scoups who's already glaring at me.

"Y/N, don't give Auntie a hard tim-"

"Oppa~" I pouted.

"Yes you can Y/N, it'll be nice." She said with a warm smile.

The room was silent before the door opened revealing our friends.

"Auntie, we're sorry." They bowed at the same time.

"Kids it's okay," She was that kind even if it's her son's life in exchange.

Minghao's Mother went home for a while to get some clothes for her to change.

We were waiting inside while talking some random stuffs.

"Y/N, we'll go now it's already getting late. You'll be okay here, right?" Mazi asked.

"Yes, I will be." I replied with a warm smile.

"Remember to call us when you need anything," Loona added.

"It's okay guys, I'm fine. I will be. I should be." I said and my smile was fading.

"You're at it again," Mingyu blurted.

"Mingyu I'm not," I just saw him with his 'are-you-sure' look. I just smiled reassuring him of what I was not sure of.

"We're going now. Be ready of what tomorrow brings, Y/N. Stay Strong." Mingyu said before going home. I sighed.

I looked back at Minghao sitting beside his hospital bed holding onto his left hand.

"You won't forget about me, right?" I asked. I was clearly talking to myself. "I still love you, I'm sorry." I was silently crying while gripping his hand. I then started falling asleep.

[Next Morning]

I felt a hand slipped from mine and it made me wake up from my sleep.

I slightly lifted my head as I open my eyes.

"I'm sorry but who are you? Can I know where my Mother is?" He had this confused look on his face as if I was a stranger. It felt like I had a nightmare. An actual nightmare.

"I.... I'm.... Uhmmm I think she went out to get some breakfast." I stuttered while I'm absorbing all that has happened just now.

I was spacing out while we were waiting for his mother to come back as he was just staring at me, straight faced.

We both heard the door opened and Mingyu was there standing as if he couldn't believe what he is actually seeing.

"Minghao!! You're awake." He ran to him smiling widely.

"Hi Mingyu." He replied. I was shocked at the same time wanting to cry  as he had remembered Mingyu but not me. Well he is his best friend after all and I'm just his stupid ex. "Why am I here by the way? And what is she doing here? Is she sort of my chaperone? "

Mingyu slowly faced me as if he was asking. I nodded signaling him that Minghao does not really remember who I am.

Silence was all over the room. Mingyu was just staring like he was apologising. I took my phone and texted him.

[Mingyu]

Y/N: Get rid of that face.

Mingyu: You want me to leave?

Y/N: No, I mean stop staring at me as if I don't have a home to go to. In other words stop looking at me like you're pitying me. I'm fine okay?"

Mingyu: Fine. I'm sorry. Just don't make it this obvious. You're actually feeling down which is a total opposite of what you are saying.

I looked at him forcing a smile just to reassure him again. This journey will be totally bumpy. I might as well hold on to what I am supposed to hold on.