birthday x jeongin

[yang jeongin x anyone.]
lowercase
⚠️Trigger Warning: mentions of suicide, death and guilt. heavily angst.

the sharp, yet soft green grass softly caresses the milky white skin that laid on it, the wind whistles softly, creating a calm and soothing melody. jeongin hums a tune, it was a song that he had listened to last night, it was his and his lover's song. jeongin picks a flower out the ground, its a dandelion. he holds it up above, the wind softly passing by the flower and letting the petals fly and move freely with the wind, one of his eyes squints due to the bright sun. jeongin's body is laid out across the grass, the green things tickling his legs as he wore gym shorts, he had ditched college. "i miss you." he said to someone, but no one physically. he felt the warm tears slide down his cheeks to his ears due to the position he laid on.

His smile didn't fade. he smiled even though tears had escaped. he digs through the big front pocket on hoodie, his fingers gently touching the card that crumpled underneath. he pulled the paper out. it was a cheeky card with a print of a bunny wearing a birthday hat, he softly chuckled at it, its adorable. he opens it to reveal the much more precious message inside.

happy birthday my sweet angel!
ah, my baby is all grown up now..
i may or may not be home when you
are reading this card right now, but
i'll be home soon! i have a meeting
with some really important people
but i'm gonna be home on time!
i'll cook you dinner, yeah? have fun
at school!

love, yours. x

jeongin was full on sobbing by now. his clothed arm was placed over his face, dampening due to the salty tears that he failed to keep in once again. "why did you have to get on that god damn car, you're so stupid." jeongin bitterly spoke to his lover, once again, not physically. "today is supposed to be my special day, not a day i would regret."

jeongin reached into his pocket and felt the plastic bottle, he took it out, it rattled. jeongin unscrewed it, and ate the contents like candy. he downed it, ignoring the bitter taste it gave off.

maybe jeongin no longer needed to feel excessive amount of loneliness now.