soulmate x jeongin

[anybody x yang jeongin]

⚠️ heavy topics; suicide

Jeongin held the railings so tight that his knuckles turned white, light pants that turned into puffs of smoke; South Korea's weather is crazy. He rocked on his heels back and forth, shutting his eyes tight. Usually there wouldn't be cars at this time around, but a car passes by him at a fast speed, making him open his eyes wide and shiver at the wind. The tip of his nose was red and his fingers ached at the cold metal railings it clutched. He looked back at the road, where the speeding car was, to see nothing but an empty road. He lets his head hang low as his fingers slowly lets go of the railings. He feels the familiar scrape of a pen on the skin of his palm, he looks at it to see the lazy writing,

Go home, it's late.

He sighs, and lets go of the railings, maybe another day. He stuffs his hands into his coat pocket, dragging his foot across the pavement with his head hung low. He felt like he could go home with his eyes closed. He had the way home memorised. It was just another day of the written ink telling him to go home, interrupting him and his attempt to end it all.

He stands under the scorching hot shower, sighing in relief. God, that felt nice. He scrubs at his arms where the faint writings were still there, can his soulmate stop using sharpie? Jeez. The faint markings were a mix of,

It's cold today, go home.

There's a new show playing on the tv in a few minutes, maybe you would want to see it.

Go home, loser.

Home, now.

He sits on his chair at his desk, banging his head lightly on his table. He reaches around, trying to grasp at any pen- he secretly hoped it was a permanent marker.

Once his fingers laid on a pen (not a permanent marker- to his dismay and to his soulmate's relief.) he begins to write, with lidded eyes and an unamused expression.

I'm home, you happy? Why do you keep telling me to go home? How do you know I'm not at home? And why do you always interrupt me at the same occasion?

Jeongin lightly tapped his fingers on his desk as he waited for a reply, hissing when he feels pain blooming on his knee- his soulmate must've bumped it on accident; not cool. He rubs the pained spot on his knee, trying to ease it a little.

You sure do ask a lot of questions. I'm asking you to go home, because it'll suck to live my life without a soulmate. I know you're not at home, because my feet will always ache- which means you're using your sneakers, which are too small for you. We haven't even met yet, and you're already killing yourself. Am I that bad of a soulmate?

Jeongin laughs lightly at the last sentence, shaking his head at his soulmate's humour.

You're not. You're not a bad soulmate.

He writes with a smile tugging at his lips, he looks upwards in thought, before going back to writing.

Maybe we should meet, then I kill myself- what'd you think?

He cringes, maybe too dark?

Right cowboy, that's where you're wrong. How about we meet, then I prove to you why you shouldn't kill yourself.

Jeongin smiles to himself, biting his bottom lip.

Okay.