Misunderstandings

Marinette was currently going through a presentation of the future clothing lines and as soon as it finished she head straight back to her office. While Adrien was currently in his office, pulling at his locks.

Sure, sure, sure. Those words kept ring in his head. What's marinette going to say? What if she kills me? She's gonna kill me. Oh no!!! 

"You need to tell her Adrien." Adrien said to himself.

"Tell her what?" Lila entered the office. "Here are your files. I'm actually really excited for lunch. I'm gonna go home right now and start the meal. What would you like to eat?" Lila bombarded Adrien with questions.

"Umm anything is fine. But lets get things straight, I'd love to come and visit." Adrien got cut off.

"So, it's settled, pasta. Great, see ya." Lila left.

Adrien felt like screaming. He was toasted, and if Marinette found out then double servings for him. He would rather have Marinette's punishment then dinner with Lila.

It was lunch hour and once Adrien dropped off Marinette and lied to her that "I've got some documents to take care of." excuse, guilt immediately plotted up inside of him. He was making his way to Lila's apartment when he received a call from Marinette.

"Hey." Adrien greeted nervously, bead of sweat trickling down his temple.

"Hi, sorry to disturb you but how long will the filing assignment take?" Marinette asked.

"Err," Adrien tugged at his collar. "Around half an hour to an hour."

"Ok, that's fine."

"Don't get worried Marinette, I'll be back before you know it."

"Is everything ok Adrien, you seem nervous?" Marinette asked, raising a brow.

"Yup, absolutely, why?" Adrien turned around the corner.

"Oh, well I don't want to disturb you any longer." Marinette sighed in relief as she started eating her lunch.

"Marinette?" Adrien asked.

"Yeah?"

"I love you." Adrien came to a stop.

"I love you too." Marinette hung up.

"Who was that?" The person in front of her asked. A blueberry haired boy with crystal eyes locked eyes with her.

"It's just Adrien." Marinette settled her phone down.

"You two still a thing?"

"Yup, and more."

"Married?" Luka took a sip of his milkshake.

"A little less."

"So your engaged?" It took a bit of time for the boy to figure out. "You could've just said it straight."

"Yeah, but what would be the fun in that." Marinette shrugged.

"I'm happy for you."

Marinette smiled warmly.

~~~~~

"Adrien!" Lila dropped the plate on the table when she heard the door knock.

"Hey Lila." Adrien said, his hands in his pockets.

"Hi Adrien, please come in." She held the door a little wider.

"You got a nice crib." Adrien complimented as he looked around.

"Thanks, come on and let's eat." Lila sat down in the seat across Adrien, while he stared blankly at the plate of pasta in front of him.

"Aren't you gonna eat?" Lila said between chewing down her food. "Sorry, I'm so ill mannered."