A day with the future in laws

Marinette and Adrien were both in their office; Lila pissing Adrien off and Marinette getting sewing advice and encouragement from Tikki. 

A knock was heard on Marinette's door that very moment as she said, "Hide Tikki!" Her kwami, without hesitation, did as she was told.

"Come in." Marinette shouted.

Coming in was the bluenette's secretary best friend for life. "Hey girl." She waved.

"Hey Alya." Marinette smiled heart warmly.

"Got some news." She stated.

"Go on." Marinette sewed a piece of random fabric under her machine for fun.

"Well, your father-in-law wants to see you." The words that came out of Alya's mouth made Marinette choke. "AKA the biggest fashion icon in the world, AKA father of Adrien Agreste AKA Gabriel Agreste."

"Don't you think you added a bit too much, like father in law? Besides he's my future father in law." Marinette's brow rose.

"Well yeah but the wedding is bound to happen in precisely.." Alya started counting. "Around 6-7 weeks." 

Marinette's heart plummeted to her stomach. "Unfortunately." She muttered but not loud enough so Alya couldn't hear.

"Well you don't want to keep him waiting." Alya said eagerly.

"Why are you so excited?" Marinette's eyebrows furrowed. 

"This is so cool. Gabriel doesn't, no hardly ever wants to see a worker. You're lucky." Alya winked and finger gunned.

"Well I am his future daughter in law am I right?" Marinette opened the door.

"Yeah. Well I'm off. I need to edit a few things and changing my ladyblog décor. See ya M." Alya waved.

"You too Alya." Marinette waved.

On her way, she saw her cheating fiancé walking in the same direction as she was. She didn't spare any glances to him, just looked forward, same going for the blonde. When they reached to the door, they both curdled their hands round the door handle, well Marinette to the latest. Adrien's hand was on top of hers and in a matter of seconds they both instantly pulled away, disgust filling their faces and as Adrien took his chance to open the door, Marinette was about to do it and they both pulled away again, not wanting their previous event to re-occur.

After a few awkward minutes, the door opened itself and stood there was Gabriel's secretary; Natalie Sancoeur. She gave the two a look before stepping aside to reveal a busy Gabriel. Adrien was the first to step in and then Marinette. 

"Err- father, you called?"

"Yes I did. I wanted to let you two know about mine and Mrs. Agreste's visit at 5pm today." Gabriel raised his chin. "As you may know Adrien, your mother and I will be coming over to yours and miss. Marinette's house for dinner."

"Uhhh yes!" Marinette stepped forward and smiled. "Adrien told me about it the other day. We'd be glad not to have you--- I mean extremely happy to have you around. May make dinner between us less awkward." Marinette mumbled her last sentence under her breath but unfortunately loud for Adrien's ears to get a hold of. He sent her a glare which Marinette didn't fear for a second.

"Well then that's all. You two are dismissed." Gabriel ended the conversation.

The hated couple left the room and went their separate ways.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ooooooooooo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marinette entered her office and smiled gratefully.