Chapter 15: The Party

That night and the next morning flew by and before I knew it, I was getting ready to leave for the party with Jack. This was his first ever party and I wanted to make sure he had a good time.

He'd gone into the bathroom to change and when he stepped out, it's like I'd forgotten how much I liked how he looked in the changing room, because the second I saw him today, I was grinning ear to ear thinking about how I was never going to ever let him get changed again.

"How do I look?" He asked shyly, his arms wrapped around his chest as of to hide it from me.

"You look amazing."

He looked up for a second before returning his gaze to the floor, a rosy red colour growing on his cheeks.

"You, um you look good, um really good too." He mumbled. I was wearing a plain black top that was tight against my muscles with another black zip up hoodie over top, and a pair of plain denim jeans.

"Thanks." I smiled, watching him closely as he shuffled across the room to my full length mirror and began running his hands through his messy blonde hair, struggling to get it to sit in a position he liked. He did this for about 10 seconds before sighing and shaking his head, allowing his hair to return to its original state. I took that as my invitation to step in.

"Here." I said, grabbing his shoulders and spinning him around to face me. He looked confused at first, wandering what I could be doing as I raised my hand to his face. "Let me help." I began running my fingers through his hair and fuck it was soft. It didn't look soft from afar but now that it was intertwined with my fingers, it felt like cotton, or silk. I began pushing his hair to one side, making it seem a little more kept but still jagged and messy at the same time.

He watched me as I did it, blushing hard when he felt me play with his hair. His deep blue eyes were looking up at me through his thick eyelashes, like a puppy; it was beyond adorable.

Once I was finished, he turned to the mirror, the unsure look on his face instantly morphing into a grin as he made eye contact with me in the mirror, thanking me.

"Welcome, should we go? We are already late." I glanced at the silver watch fastened to my wrist that revealed that we were already 24 minutes late, to be exact. He nodded and soon we were strolling to the car.

"Who's is it?" He stuttered as the car roared to life.

"The party?"

"Yeah."

"Just some girl, Savannah. We aren't really mates, never spoke to the girl to be honest but she text me saying it was her birthday and she wanted me there. Don't even know how she got my number but I said no until I spoke to you. Like I said before, I don't party often, I don't really like alcohol. It fucks me up." I explained, whilst Jack listened attentively.

"A popular boy who doesn't like to party? Unheard of." He smiled shyly, as if he were worried I would get aggravated with him.

"I know. I just hate the stuff. It makes me do shit I wouldn't dream of doing sober." I grimaced, the images of the last time I got hammered lingering in my mind.

"What's it like, being drunk?" He asked, innocently.

"You get a high, like a buzz of adrenaline and it makes you do shit without a second thought. But then comes the sickness, dizziness, throwing up, illness, headaches and so on. I don't know, I just think it isn't worth it." I shrugged, I glanced over to Jack to see him smiling at me.

We continued with general conversations about parties before we arrived, pulling into an empty spot a while away from the house since the street was loaded with abandoned cars for the night.