Chapter Six

~Sunday 3rd December 2017~

Alwynn awoke in an unfamiliar position. Maybe unfamiliar wasn't an apt word to choose. He was familiar with the position, knew the term, knew people, namely couples, used it a lot. So, rather, the position was only unfamiliar to him in his own right. And that wasn't to say he didn't enjoy it. It felt nice to have Meyer's chest pressed to his back, to feel encased in his arms, though the man's half-hard cock resting against his ass was a whole nother sensation.

Alwynn had always felt something for Meyer, the man had been right about that the night before, and kissing him had meant something. He had convinced himself it was the actions of a drunk man, that it would fade into the abyss to be forgotten about forever but, truly, he had known that was only a fabrication. He remembered every second of the night before, every fleeting moment and every action he had made.

He might have been tipsy, he may have had alcohol clouding his mind, his judgement, yet, had he been sober not a thing would have changed. Though Alwynn knew his feelings for Meyer still resided within him, he didn't wish to start anything more with the man. It wasn't realistic, with Meyer being who he was, being so unpredictable, unloyal even, no bond between them would ever last.

The childish crush Alwynn had had on Meyer since he was fourteen years old was that and that only. A crush. A weak strand of emotions that was nothing compared to the attraction he felt toward Vant. Meyer was a one-time thing, and Alwynn hoped for it to stay that way, hoped what happened hadn't given Meyer the wrong idea. He wanted only to remain friends.

Slipping out of Meyer's arms, Alwynn collected his phone and took the dirty dishes into the kitchen. He was far too tired to wash them, with a headache coursing through his brain and nausea set in his stomach. He searched the cupboards and drawers for some painkillers but found nothing. Defeated, he slumped down in a chair at the dinner table, checking his phone.

Vant: Hope you slept well, being home alone can be a little unnerving. Alwynn smiled at Vant's concern, scrolling to the next text from him that had come in a few hours later.

Vant: I'll be passing by your house about ten, maybe I can pick you up something for breakfast. Alwynn glanced toward the clock hanging over the sink, sighing when he saw it was already half past eleven. Of course, Vant had to offer something so nice when he was sleeping off cheap alcohol and bad decisions. He moved to the final text with a subtle frown furrowing his brow, his expression only darkening with the words he read.

Vant: I dropped by your house, wanted to make sure you were OK since you weren't answering my texts. I didn't realise your friend was more than a friend, I'm sorry for the way I've been acting toward you. Maybe it's best if we stop talking so much. I wish you all the best, Alwynn.

"Fuck," Alwynn cursed under his breath, immediately dialling Vant's number, cursing once more when it went to voicemail, "hi, Vant, it's Alwynn. Look, I don't know what you saw when you dropped by my house but Meyer and I, we're not... he's not my... we're just friends. I promise. Just call me back when you get this, I don't want to stop talking."

"Don't want to stop talking to who?" Alwynn shrieked, leaping from his seat upon hearing Meyer's voice, spinning on his heel to see the man chuckling in the doorway, "sorry, didn't mean to scare you, Wynn, you really are jumpy nowadays."

"It's fine," Alwynn muttered, scolding himself mentally for such an overreaction and trying his best to ignore the blush rising in his cheeks, "do you want something for breakfast?"

"I'm not really hungry, I'd love some coffee and Advil if you're offering though," the second Meyer sat down next to him, Alwynn moved over to the coffee machine, placing a mug in it and switching it on.