Chapter Twenty

~Thursday 21st December 2017~

"Can you go get the girls and we'll meet you in the living room in ten minutes?" Vant rested his hand on the small of Alwynn's back, his gaze fixed on the two men, his tone sounding much less light-hearted than it had been moments earlier. Alwynn didn't like that, didn't like the sound of Vant being unhappy, wasn't fond of it occurring with anyone actually, especially if he felt it was his own fault.

"Yeah," Nephi smiled feebly, linking his arm in with Nova and forcing him to leave the kitchen.

"Nova?" Vant called out just before the boy had completely left, catching his attention once again, "inform your sisters Ali and I are having a private conversation, if I find out you've been listening in I won't be pleased," Vant's voice had suddenly gotten very harsh, putting Alwynn somewhat on edge. Nova merely nodded, strolling from the room with the other man. Alwynn picked at his food silently, not daring to look up for fear he would meet Vant's eye and see some form of displeasure within the man.

"You're going to find my family, my coven, very strange, Ali," Vant broke the silence, stepping between the boy's legs and rubbing his hands gingerly on Alwynn's clothed thighs, "I would understand completely if it disgusted you, but it is what it is and these are my children I will be speaking of," Alwynn abandoned his breakfast, his eyes finding Vant's whilst his hands caressed his skin, moving from his hands up to his cheeks.

"Nothing about you could ever disgust me, Vant," Alwynn's voice was awfully small, not because he was fearful or nervous, simply because he felt it didn't need to be any louder, "I agree I'm probably going to find whatever it is quite bizarre, but it's not enough to scare me off or anything. Sadly, I'm here to stay," Alwynn attempted a smile, finding it easier to accomplish than he had expected, "before we go in there though, I want to know some things."

"Anything, I have nothing to hide from you anymore."

"When I was attacked, that was a vampire, wasn't it?" Vant grimaced, a flicker of rage passing over his face before he had chance to get his emotions in check.

"It was, and it was my fault. My jacket, obviously, was covered in my scent. It attracted the vampire to you, apparently he couldn't pass up the opportunity to taste a claimed but unmarked mate," Alwynn giggled, his laugh always so contagious that a brief chuckle happened to tumble from Vant's lips, "what's so funny?"

"You claimed me before we had even talked about anything? Now that's a bit creepy, what if I hadn't wanted to be yours?" Vant's smile morphed into something far more menacing as he leant in closer to Alwynn, "suppose I didn't really have a choice, did I?" Vant shook his head, peppering soft kisses to Alwynn's neck, the tips of his fangs grazing over the flesh occasionally, "are you thirsty now?" Vant nodded slowly, running his tongue over a particularly sensitive spot on Alwynn's neck, drawing a low moan from the boy when he nipped at the skin, "do it," Alwynn whispered, running his hand through the soft strands of Vant's hair, inhaling sharply when the vampire's fangs pierced his throat. Alwynn kept one hand embedded in Vant's hair, the other clutching onto his bicep for support, the dizziness he had felt earlier that morning returning once again, making him realise maybe something might have been off.

"Stop..." he whispered, placing his hands on Vant's chest, applying a little pressure. Immediately, Vant withdrew, a look of concern masking the desire he clearly felt when drinking Alwynn's blood.

"Fuck, Ali, you're really pale," Vant used his venom to heal Alwynn's wound, keeping an arm wrapped securely around the boy's waist in case he passed out.

"I'm fine, just dizzy," Alwynn didn't believe his own reassurance, there wasn't a chance Vant would.

"I shouldn't have drunk so much from you, I'm sorry, sweet boy," Vant stepped away for a moment, although Alwynn knew his attention was still trained on the boy, waiting to see if the subtle swaying of his body turned into something worse, "here," upon returning, Vant held a glass of water up to Alwynn's lips, ordering him to take small sips, "you have to tell me if you're feeling dizzy, Ali, you're the only one who can tell if I've been taking too much blood."