Chapter Eleven

~Sunday 10th December 2017~

Alwynn didn't feel at all healthy when he awoke. His head throbbed, a particularly agonizing ache centred behind his eyes, his stomach seemed to be welcoming the nausea that hit him in similar waves to what he had seen at the beach the previous day, and his memory was rather spotty. Overall, he concluded he would not be drinking again. Ever.

He didn't want to open his eyes, didn't want the dawn light to touch his retinas, knowing all too well the burning it would cause. At least the nausea was remaining at bay, Alwynn wasn't sure he had the energy to move swiftly if he felt as though he would throw up. He really should have eaten more... or drank less.

A small frown wove its way onto Alwynn's face whilst he tried his best to recall the later events of that evening. He remembered the beach, how could he ever forget? And then there was the constant texts with Vant, the flirting being the most prominent memory. Then they went to that bar and-

Alwynn's eyes shot open, the dull ache from the light barely noticeable amongst the panic swelling within the boy. He wasn't in his hotel room, nor his bed, nor his clothes. Stark naked and suddenly terrified, Alwynn forced the jigsaw pieces of his memory together, hoping he would be lucky enough to find the correct combination.

Alwynn sat up very slowly, abruptly aware of the slumbering male next to him. The naked make. Oh God, what had he done? Shifting ever so slightly, Alwynn felt no jolt of pain, no soreness at all. That was good. Unless everyone he had ever heard or met lied about what happened when losing one's virginity, no soreness was very, very good.

For the life of him, Alwynn couldn't remember the man's name. It made him feel ten times worse. At least if he had some memory he would be able to put a name to the face he wished to forget. Until then, that blank would remain, taunting Alwynn. Guilty thoughts and growing regrets would just have to wait.

Rising from the bed, Alwynn kept his movements very cautious, trying desperately not to wake the man. Clothes were strewn across the floor, half-empty wine glasses toppled over on the coffee table and a few awfully suspicious stains that Alwynn did not want to dwell upon. He collected his boxers, and slipped on his jeans over them, carrying his shoes, t-shirt and jacket in his hand.

Thankfully, the man had left the keycard by the door, so Alwynn could slip out easily. He got a few odd looks along the way to the elevator, then again, what barefoot, half-naked teenager wouldn't? Since the ride down to the lobby wasn't as long as Alwynn would have liked, he ended up stepping out of the elevator with only one shoe on and his jacket hanging from one shoulder. Easily fixed.

Trying to attract as little attention as possible, Alwynn walked briskly from the hotel, his heart dropping when he realised he had no idea where he was. There hadn't really been the opportunity the previous day, with them getting there quite late, so he was completely lost.

"Fucking fuck..." he murmured under his breath, pulling his jacket tighter around himself when a particularly chilly breeze whipped around him. Slipping his phone from his pocket, Alwynn set off down the street, biting down on his bottom lip when he noticed the number of texts and missed calls. Seventeen missed calls from Wisteria, twenty-one from Jethro and, oh great, thirty-four from Vant. Alwynn usually cherished the contact he had with Vant, he had a feeling the texts from the night before probably weren't so flirtatious.

Vant: Alwynn, I just got a text from Wisteria, though I'm not really sure how she got my number, where are you? They're worried about you, answer your phone. Not too bad, although that was the first of over fifty texts that had come in between eleven pm and four am. It was seven when Alwynn had last checked, he hoped Vant hadn't stayed up all night worrying.