Prologue

Prologue

    I rode up to the starting line, our head lights and the moon's shine the only thing illuminating the street. I handed over the cash to the holder, scanning my surroundings. The area around us was crowed with masochists and skanks in skimpy clothing, probably -okay there is no probably about it- definitely trying to get laid by one of the hunks that night. I put my boot-clad feet on the ground so I could balance my bike. My hand was tight around the clutch, my engine still running. I revved the accelerator a few times, the heavenly sound of my bike roaring slightly louder than the other racers'. Racing was total exuberance. I ignored the other bikers who were smack talking and trying to mess with opponents' heads so that they f*cked up the race. 

    "BIKERS! GET READY!" Ryan shouted into the night. I stretched up and shut the visor of my helmet. Then I leaned down and revved the engine a few times, my bike still a tad louder than the others. "THREE! TWO! ONE! GO!" He screamed and I let go of the clutch as I lifted my feet onto my bike. My right hand turned the accelerator in a fraction of a second. I flew past the other bikers hearing shouts of shock. I was very skilled. Two years of practice can do that to you. I changed gears and sped up. These guys played dirty and if I let them catch up I knew it wouldn't end pretty. I flew down the street and made a sharp but perfect turn around the first corner. No one seemed to be catching up. Clutch, next gear. I leaned forward as I accelerated more. One of those a**holes seemed to be reaching me. I took a turn, quicker than what would seem possible. Clutch, gear up, faster. My bike roared as I hit the 140s.

    "DON'T YOU THINK ABOUT WINNING THIS YOU M*THER F*CKER! THAT CASH IS MINE!" An a**hole screamed behind me. I ignored him. He wasn't too far behind but far enough for it not to be dangerous. Suddenly something flew past me. "SHIT!" I screamed. It was a glass bottle. "PLAY FAIR YA LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT!" I shouted back at that Grade-A a**hole as I dodged a few more bottles. Clutch, accelerator. I went faster than I had ever gone before hitting a 160. The last turn was coming up. If I messed it up here, I would loose to the a**hole behind me. I meantly crossed my fingers as I reached the turn. And I cleanly completed it. I accelerated one last time and zoomed past the finish line, a cursing a**hole following right behind. I grinned as I turned off the engine and kicked out the side stand. 

      I got off my bike as the crowd erupted in cheers of my name. I reached for my helmet, shaking my head to let loose my long brown locks. "KATE! KATE! KATE! KATE!" The crowd cheered, some giving me the occasional pat on the back as I walked forward and collected my cash. "Good job, Katie!" Ryan said, earning a look from me, as he took the money from the holder and handed it over. "I got beat by a GIRL!" Mr. A**hole screeched. I walked up to him annoyed. "Let me tell you one thing you f*cking a**hole. No one beats Katherine Anise Sanders at racing. Even if they are cheating." I said. And with that I strode off, putting on my helmet. I jumped on my bike and rode away, leaving that little piece of shit gaping like a fish. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: 

Hey all!! 

New story!! What do you think!? Leave your thoughts!! 

Love ya'll 

Roza