Special Series: Bedroom Battle (Chapter 1 - Game-on!)

It's been almost two weeks that Jessica has leaves and she never answers any message or phone call. Just like she was missing.

At first Susan tries to understand and respects her lover's decision, but after another week pass. She started frustrating.

"Jesus! How can she do this?" Susan yells through the phone. "Just disappeared!"

"Come on, Suz." Clayton said. "She didn't just disappeared. She told you and you accept her request so you're conspirator!"

"That's very funny"

"Don't be sarcastic. I really mean that. She said that she needs space, then you give her that space. So don't try to contact her."

"Clayton, Are you really my friend?"

"Of course! I am." Said Clayton, chuckles at Susan's reaction. "I'm your true friend, who trying to save your relationship."

"How? By disallowing me to contact her?" Susan's voice gets higher.

"Honey, calm down. Listen to me." His voice soothes. "This is not a game that only you can win alone. You've got to look into her eyes and open your heart to find your own individual idea of what you need in this relationship." 

He paused for a moment while hearing his friend sniffed back the tears before continuing. "Set the boundaries, do not text her, do not call her, do not try to convince her. You know her well. If you want to keep her, just waiting for her, okay?"

Clayton hears her sniffing harder as she took in shallow breaths and he could imagine him wiping the tears from under her eyes.

"Honey, This gonna be alright." He said. "Do you believe me?"

"Um-uh." Her voice cracked.

"So promise me. don't try to contact her, okay?"

"Okay."

"Good. Now go get dressed. Oh!  skip your jumpsuit today, pick a nice dress and put on some make up. I'll see you at west village in an hour."   

..........

It took a while for Susan to get to the place where Clayton has reserved. It was a cozy restaurant, decorated in French style seem like a Parisian apartment.

"Ms. Sarandon?" said the receptionist.

"Um... yeah, I'm looking for my friend's table... Clayton, Clayton Cubitt."

"I'm sorry. I don't see his name on the list." He shook his head. "It's only your name here."

"Oh..."

"Yes, here." The waiter nodded and extended his hand gestures her to follow him to the table which already set, with a flowers, light candle and a bottle of wine.

"I'll be back for your order in a moment." He said then leaves.

Susan picked up her purse and pulled out her phone to calls Clayton as his message pop up.

Susan chuckled, shaking her head slightly. But before she texts him back, she heard a familiar voice behind her back.

"Susan?"

Susan turns around to see and meet his gaze, those dreamy blue eyes of Jonathan. 

"I don't know you're here too." He continued. "Did you come with him?"

"Who?"

"Clayton"

"Clayton!?" Susan confuses.

"Yes, we've meeting tonight cause he shooting the new campaign photos for SPIN Toronto." He explains. "Didn't he tell you?"

"No" 

There was a silence for a few moment then Jonathan siting slowly beside her.

"So...if he told you, do you gonna come?" He asks softly.

"Joe... I... I... don't know." Her voice jerky. 

"I understand Suze." He nodded, smiling a little. "But I'm glad to see you again. You look beautiful... as always." 

His sad blue eyes shift down from her face to her low-cut floral dress which cling her body perfectly.

"I miss you, Susan." He leans close enough to whisper in her ear. They are so close now, Susan could feel the heat from Jonathan's body beside her, the scent of perfume that he always wears, makes her heart beat faster.

"Do you miss me like I do?" 

But before Susan said anything. They heard a Clayton's voice as he walks from behind. They greet each other and Jonathan and Clayton start to talk about their work in a casual way so Susan can participate in the conversation.

All the dinner went well. Jonathan didn't pick up that question again or any topic about their relationship in the past that could make her feel awkward, but Susan can feel that he stole a glance at her all night.