Chapter eight

***Please pay attention to the POV's! It switches from Lou's to Harry's half-way through the chapter, then back to Lou's!***

(Louis's POV)

Something starts ringing, causing my body to jolt up from my dreamless sleep. Ow. I slowly bring my hand up to my cheek and find little bumps all over it, followed by a painful stinging and numbness. What the Hell?

I look down and see that my cheek was pressed against my laptop keyboard, and I fell asleep at my desk while working on the musical. How did I even fall asleep on my laptop? I was up late so I must've drifted asleep.  I look around me, trying to find the source of the noise that woke me up. I glance at my phone, but it's not ringing. I notice the time, though. It's three o'clock in the morning.

I go out into the hallway, and the sound continues to get louder.

I find my mum's phone sitting on the coffee table in the living room, but she's nowhere to be found. I can hear her snoring in her nearby bedroom, though. I answer the phone without even looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I ask, my voice thick of sleep.

"Hi. This is officer Jackson from the police station. Is Mrs. Tomlinson available?"

I glance over at her bedroom and creak open the door, and she's absolutely passed out on her bed. Her body is sprawled out on the covers, and her mouth is ajar, letting loud snores escape. I close the door again.

"No, she's not. She's sleeping. But I'm her son." I say.

"Can you drive?" he asks.

I hesitate before answering, "Uh, yeah. I don't own a car, but I can drive my mom's. Why?"

"Your father was in a car accident," he says.

My heart stops for a second. I almost drop the phone but I stop myself and tighten my grip on it.

"W-what? What happened?" I ask.

"He was driving down the highway and we found a large amount of alcohol in his blood. He's in stable condition, don't worry. He just has a few broken ribs and some bruising. Were you aware that he left the house under the influence of alcohol?"

"Y-yes, but this happens all the time," I say honestly, thinking of the multiple times he's stormed out of the house drunk.

"Could you please wake up your mother and come to the hospital? There are a few nurses who can talk to your family about their options. Possibly rehab?" he asks.

"What!?" I almost yell.

"It's just an option."

"Okay, okay. I'll be there in a little bit. Bye." I say, hanging up my mum's phone quickly. I'm worried sick about my Dad.  I know he's in stable condition, but what if he has to go to rehab? What will the girls think?

I guess I'm not going to school today.

(Harry's POV)

Louis isn't here today, which is odd. He never called me back after he hung up last night. I look up to see that Mr. Oliver is still sitting at his desk, propping his legs up and reading the news paper. I cough to get his attention, "Uh, where's Louis?"

Mr. Oliver looks down to a clipboard quickly, then back ot me, "Uh, He's absent today . . . Didn't go to any of his classes," he says, shrugging. 

I nod, and while Mr. Oliver isn't looking, I decide to pull out my phone and send Louis a text.

Why aren't you at school today?