Chapter 1 The Raccoon

Johnathan's p.o.v.

I ran. I ran as fast as I could. Running for my life. From what you may ask? From those god awful scientists that have been testing on me for months! Let me explain. Scientists from around the world has came to a specific area to experiment on animals in a special project. I still don't know what the project was but all I know is that I had needles being inserted into me almost everyday. I was so terrified. I was just a regular raccoon living on the streets till they snatched me up and took me away. They tried to be friends by giving me food but after a week that's when the testing started. Isn't it illegal to be testing on animals anyways?!

The reason why I'm running is because I was finally able to escape through the ventilation system. But in doing so I also released the gas that they were testing on me that day. The gas only made it as far as the next two towns over and only a few people were in a panic, no one died in the process too which is good.

Anyways, I continued to run till I got to an area with lots of trees. Is this the forest? Perfect! I ran deep into the forest on all four of my legs till I finally decided to stop, resting up against a large tree. Finally, I'm away from those crazy scientists! After resting for a bit I looked around the tree and found a hole in the trunk of the tree. I enter the trunk of the tree and found it to be a quite, big space. The inside even lead up to a hole close to the top of the tree. I crawled up the inside of the tree trunk to the hole. I poked my head out the hole and then proceeded to crawl out the hole and onto the branch right under it. I crawled across the large branch and looked around the area. I could only really see trees blocking my view. I turned another direction and saw the sun setting. How long have I been running? I think to myself as I go back into the hole and head down into the bottom of the trunk of the tree. I lay down on the grass inside the bottom of the tree and curl up into a little ball.

I wonder why scientists were experimenting with animals?

What were they doing to us?

What's gonna happen to the others?!

My body started to shake as these thoughts continued to run through my head. I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep to the sounds of the forest but I just couldn't. Questions continued to swarm around my head, making my body shake even more. One question though, really stuck in my head before I drifted off to sleep.

What's going to happen to me now?