Chapter 11 Confession

Johnathan's p.o.v.

It's been about a month since I came to this tree, the place we call our home. My friends and I came a long way from getting here. There were lots of downs but we helped each other get back up and fight through our problems. Most of the guys by now have already found their love one surprisingly fast, except for Marcel who claims he's not 'gay' but I doubt it. It's also been almost a week since we found out we could transform into humans. It was a scary day but it was also a day that changed all of our lives forever. Right now everyone, including me, were back at the tree, preparing for our dinner tonight. I was starving just thinking about it. I was putting the berries, that I gathered, into a pile close by the fish pile. I looked around at everyone who were doing their own things till something popped in my head.

"Hey, have anyone seen Evan?" I asked, looking around at everyone. The guys either shrugged their shoulders or looked at their lover with smirks. The hell?

"Evan told me he was busy with something but said he'll be back tonight once he's done." Marcel informs me and I nod my head. I haven't seen Evan all day and it was starting to worry me a bit. I wonder what he's doing? After a few hours and finally getting the campfire to start, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Evan standing in front of me.

"Hey Evan!" I smiled at him. I don't know what it is but he makes me smile and make my heart feel warm.

"Hey Johnathan, can you come with me? I want to show you something." He ask me. I look back at all my friends who were occupied by the campfire, not noticing that Evan was back.

"Sure, what is it?" I ask Evan.

"It's a surprise, now come on." Evan smiles and grabs my arm. He leads me through some bushes and past some trees till we were close to pond that connected to the waterfall.

"What did you want to show me." I said confused, looking around and expecting something to come out.

Evan then walked over to a tree that had a small white box hanging from it. Evan flipped a small black switch from the box and lights appeared all around us, around the tree branches. I looked up in amazement, everything was so beautiful and magical in the night. The light bounced off of the river water and almost made it glow in the dark. The stars shined brightly above us in the night. I then looked back at Evan with a huge smile.

"This is so cool! Did you do this?" I ask Evan.

"Yeah, I did."

"Wow! But why?" Evan then walked up to me, he was blushing madly and for some reason, I was too. Evan was getting closer to me by the second but I couldn't move from my spot, almost like I was frozen in place. Soon he was one inch away from my face.

"Because I wanted to do this." He said before kissing me gently. I was surprised but wasted no time in kissing him back. He smiled into the kiss and so did I. I loved this feeling that he gave me and I didn't want it to disappear. Soon we parted for air and we stood there, panting.

"D-Does this mean you like me back?" Evan questioned which made me chuckle.

"Of course I do." I said and we kissed again lovingly. The feeling of him holding me and making me feel protected made me feel happy inside. Evan then picked me up and spun me around like a happy idiot. We laughed together at his action before he put me back down.

"We should head back to everyone before they eat all the food." Evan said.

"You're right." I smiled and held his hand. He intertwined his fingers with mine and we left back to the camp. To our home.