Chapter 8 Lost Animals

Evan's p.o.v.

Everyone had ran into the forest in different directions, including my team. I knew it was danger to separate us like this but I trusted that everyone will listen to my rules, I don't want to lose someone out here. Johnathan and Ryan are running right behind me while I fly in front of them. But I guess I should've paid more attention on what time it was considering that it was starting to get dark out here.

"We are so gonna win!" Johnathan yelled excitedly. I looked back at him to see him smiling. His smile warmed my heart and made me smile as well.

"Evan! Look out!" Ryan yelled out to me. I turn around and didn't see what Ryan was talking about till I actually hit the thing. Seriously?! A fucking branch! I yell in my head as I fall and hit the ground.

"Shit." I whispered to myself as the guys ran up to me. I get up off the ground but feel a sudden pain in my wing.

"Evan! Are you ok?" Johnathan asked worriedly. He puts his hand on the side of my head and pulled his arm back. There was blood on his claws.

"I'm alright, it was dark so I couldn't see the branch." I tell them.

"What about your wing?" Ryan asked.

"It's just a sprain, it'll heal." I tell them. It honestly hurt like shit! But I sucked it up.

"Evan you're not fine, you just hit your head and fell five feet." Johnathan said, he was really worried for me.

"I can still walk, as long as we get back home I'll be fine." I reassured them. We start walking through the forest. After a few minutes we hear noises around us. It wasn't just crickets but also leaves and sticks being crushed under our feet. It's so creepy out here.

"Is it just me or is it really scary out here?" Johnathan ask.

"It's just you, you're going delirious." I laughed and so did Ryan.

"Delirious? Hmm... I like that word." Johnathan said to himself with a big grin on his face.

"You want us to call you Delirious now?" Ryan said, chuckling a bit.

"Yeah!" Johnathan smiled. An idea then pop in my head.

"Delirious! Delirious! Delirious!" I yelled to him.

"Huh? Yeah?" Johnathan asked confused.

"If we get out of here alive, will you kiss me?" I laughed, blushing a bit at the end. Delicious looked at me with a huge blush on his face.

"Would I what? Would I what?!" Johnathan tried asking me again and again.

"Whaaat?!" Ryan yelled and I laughed. Ryan laughed along with me.

"Oh shut up and come on! We still have a race to win." Johnathan said embarrassed.

"Alright, alright, I'll stop messing around." I chuckled and we continued to walk through the forest. It was quiet for a bit till we heard rustling around us.

"What the hell is that?!" Ryan screamed.

"I don't know." Johnathan yelled. Everything was silent till we heard a loud crack behind us. That's when we screamed and bolted away from the noise into whatever direction. We continued to run till we ended up back at the tree. We were breathing heavily but laughing at how scared we were.

"Yes! We all lived!" Ryan cheered happily and Johnathan laughed at his enthusiasm.

"Heck yeah!" I yelled happily.

"Hey Evan?" Johnathan ask looking over at me. I turn my head towards him but what I didn't expect was for him to grab my face and kiss my forehead. A deep red blush appeared on my face, my eyes wide open.

"Well you asked me to didn't you?" Johnathan said confusing me. I asked him to? Oh! From earlier! My realization made me laugh a bit.

"What are you two doing?" Ryan asked with a sly smirk.

"Fucking nothing!" Johnathan yelled making me laugh more. A few seconds later, Luke, Tyler and Craig and appeared from the woods.

"Your alright!" Luke yelled, running over to Ryan and hugging him.

"Of course I'm alright, why wouldn't I be?" Ryan asked.

"We thought we heard you guys scream, I was so worried." Luke admitted.

"You were worried about me, why?" Ryan asked Luke. Luke bit his lip nervously before doing something unexpected, he kissed Ryan!

"O-Oh..." Ryan said once they pulled away.

"Does that answer your question?" Luke asked.

"Yes." Ryan smiled and kissed Luke's cheek. The scene was cute but was interrupted by a worried Tyler.

"The hell happened to you?!" He yelled over to me.

"Oh! Sprained my wing, hit a branch while flying." I chuckled.

"We should look at it and get it wrapped up." Craig suggested.

"Let's wait for the others to show up." I said and not even a second later, Brian, Brock and Nogla are all running towards us and screaming their heads off.

"Oh thank god we're safe." Brian said breathing heavily.

"Holy shit! It was terrifying in there!" Nogla yelled.

"How the hell did you guys survive?!" Brock questioned us.

"Luck I guess." I tell them.

"Did you hurt yourself too Evan?" Brian asked.

"Yeah, I sprained my wing. Who else got hurt?" I asked.

"Brock hit his head on a branch while flying. You guys suck at being birds." Nogla laughs and so does the others.

"It's harder than it looks!" I stated.

"Hey, where is Marcel and Lui?" Luke asked and looked around. That's when we heard the laughter. We all looked up and saw the two monkeys laughing on a branch.

"Oh god! You guys are priceless!" Marcel laughed.

"What do you mean?" Tyler asked.

"After we got to the tree, Marcel and I decided to scare you guys. It was hilarious!" Lui laughed.

"Wait, you guys got here first?!" Ryan yelled which only made the monkeys laugh harder.

"Welp, I'm done for tonight. I'm heading to bed." Tyler said heading inside the tree.

"Alright, Marcel, Lui, go inside and rest. You guys won fair and square. I'll take first shift, everyone else head to bed." I tell everyone and they all head inside. Everyone except one.

"Aren't you gonna go inside Johnathan?" I asked him.

"I'll watch with you tonight, keep you company if that's fine." He said and I nodded with a smile.  We both went up the tree onto one of the branches. I sat down while Johnathan sat right next to me. I looked up at the sky through the trees and stared at the beautiful stars. But nothing was more beautiful than the view right next to me. My heart clenched while looking at Johnathan who only smiled while looking up at the moon.

"Everything seems so pretty and peaceful up here." He spoke peacefully. His smile only grew once he turned to me.

"Evan, do you ever think about our future together? I-I mean with the team and everyone." Johnathan said nervously.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, do you think we will all still be together in the future. Staying together and living like a family?"

"I wish, but the future is always uncertain. I don't think we should dwell too much on the future though, let's just focus on the present, on us." I smiled looking over at him. He looked over at me with a smile then we both looked back up at the sky. Gazing up at the stars as our fingers slowly moved together to touch one another.

"I'm really glad I met you Evan."

"I'm really glad I met you too Johnathan."

"Now can I fix your wing?"

"Fine!"