Chapter 12 Goodbye...

Evan's p.o.v.

Everything just seemed so normal today. It was like any other day. Nothing was wrong, all the guys were laughing and having fun. It was great! Where did that go? All those smiling faces? They were all gone and replaced with fear and terror.

The guys and I were walking back to our base till we saw some animals like us running past us. They seemed terrified and were telling us to run. We didn't know why till we saw 'them'. Those scientists along with some hunters. Those monsters! My group ran as fast as they could to our base. Those animals... they must've all escape from the laboratory where they were all kept. But I can't focus on that now, I have to keep my team safe. I lead my group back to our base for our safety. We all hid in the trunk of the tree and huddled together. The scientists and hunters going around the tree, running into different directions behind us. We were all scared of getting caught and being taken to get experimented on.

"What are we gonna do? It's only a matter of time till they find us!" Brian said, panicking as Brock tried to calm him.

"They're gonna look here soon then we'll all be dead!" Craig said terrified as Tyler held him in his arms.

"I-I don't want to be taken back there, not again, not again!" Johnathan panicked as Luke held him, trying to make him feel more relaxed. While everyone talked, I stayed silent and tried to come up with a plan. A plan for all of us to get out of here safely and away from those scientists forever. Soon I had a plan but it wasn't one that everyone was gonna like.

"Everyone! Calm down! I think I have a plan." I tell everyone, catching their attention.

"Well what is it?!" Marcel said a bit irritated.

"Just know that this is the only way to keep us all safe and to get us away from the scientists forever, but you're not gonna like it." I tell them.

"What is it Evan?" Nogla asked.

"I'm gonna make sure the coast is clear so that everyone in groups of two can head out in opposite directions with each other to get somewhere safe and far away from this place." I explain.

"Oh! So they won't catch us all at once and we'll find each other outside the forest. Great thinking Evan!" Lui said and everyone nodded but I put my head down.

"Evan, what's wrong?" Johnathan asked.

"T-That's not the plan." I said and everyone looked at me confused.

"We are going to be sent out of the forest in groups of two in different directions but once we're safe the two people in each group will split up. We have to separate from each other." I finished. Everyone was completely shocked.

"W-What?" Brock stuttered.

"Why?" Ryan asked.

"Because, if we stick together in one huge group then they'll know it's us and we can't risk getting caught." I tell them.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, NO! That is not happening!" Tyler yelled.

"Tyler, I know you're upset but please calm dow-"

"No Evan! I will not calm down! We all can't just split up! Some of us love someone and we can't part with them!"

"Tyler! Listen to me! Do you love Craig?" I ask him.

"Of course I do!"

"Do you want to protect him from any danger?"

"Yes!"

"Then man up and take this risk in protecting your love forever! You and I know that this is the only way we can protect everyone from ever getting hurt again! I know that none of us wants to split up but I know that one day we will see each other again." I said making everyone go silent.