04: New-born

Justin's PoV:

The nightmare was always the same. Paralyzed, naked, cold.

My muscles twitch, not giving me control over my own body. I took care of my breathing, making sure to be as quiet as I can be so I wouldn't wake her up.

My eyes felt heavy, luckily. Otherwise, I wouldn't feel sleepy but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't rest now.

Sucking my lips in, biting them to remain silent. My head started aching terribly that I wish to slam it against the wall over and over again.

I shut my eyes and moved closer to her, burying my face in her neck to smell her. Her slow breathing calmed my mind down. But my body didn't stop twitching and shaking.

Breathing out in despair, begging my mind to forget my nightmare and let me sleep.

My fingers drew circles around her hips up to her waist.

"Angel.." I whisper in hope she might wake up and talk to me but she continued sleeping.

I heavily breathe out and shake my head. This isn't going anywhere. My memories were pressuring me and also making it impossible for me to open up.

It's like Maia has a perfect life. She never had anything traumatising happening in her life so she can't understand me. The worst thing in her life might be her ex cheating on her. Or me, I'm the worst thing in her life.

I swallow down and clear my throat silently, swing my legs down her bed to stand up and leave the room. Before I left her room, I quickly look back to make sure she did not wake up because of me.

I lock myself in the bathroom and started breathing out heavily, tension grew in my face and limbs, my mind replaying the lack of drugs in me. My breathing became more rapid, more shallow. In these moments before my personal hurricane, I understood the drug addict, the alcoholic... anything to stop the primal urge to flee. I let myself slowly fall to make sure that I wouldn't hurt myself and leaned against the door. My need for drugs grew but I promised to not take them so I let my tears down instead. I call for her, no answer. I called again, my heart racing faster, my legs shaking rapid - no answer. Again - no answer. Again -no answer. No Maia, my eyes scanned over the bathroom and I splashed ice cold water on my face.

How can I call it a nightmare, if it doesn't leave my presence when I'm awake?

"Ugh, fuck!" I groan and slammed my fist against the tiles on the wall.

"Justin?" I hear her scream through the apartment and knock on the door the next second.

Without thinking twice and about how to explain my current situation an behaviour, I unlocked the door and found her in front of me with a terrified look on her face.

"Did you just take drugs?!" She spits out in disgust.

Is it always going to be like this? She thinks of me the worst now.

She will never see the one I actually am in front of her anymore. She won't see the man she loves but a monster with addiction.

"Did you take drugs here?! Your eyes are red!" She yells unbelievable and grabs my shoulder to look closer at my face.

I shake my head, "I didn't take-"

"Don't lie! Your eyes are red." She tried to justify my coloured red eyes but didn't come up with the idea that eyes become red when you cry.

When people look at men, they instantly assume the worst though I just cried like a helpless shit in here.

"I'm not lying," I breathe irregularly and hated I need to justify myself, how she's not on my side, not supporting me