13: Maia's birthdayweek

Maia's PoV

"I can't believe that this is our last day," I pull my lip and watch Justin locking the door.

"I can't believe I've to be back after your birthday party," he rolls his eyes, grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers together.

"Do you think we will manage to go to Dr. Bennett?"

He shakes his head, "no but I have an appointment in two weeks or something."

I nod and squeeze his hand, "how is it going? How do you feel?"

My eyes stare up at him, watching his shiny skin and eyes having such an interesting colour and reflection to the light, "we talk on the phone and he mailed me the new medicine I need. I'm taking tablets now, the side effects aren't that extreme anymore. As you might have noticed."

"Yeah, I mean I didn't see injections or you passed out at all?" I chuckle and brush my hair back. Kissing his shoulder and whispering an I'm so proud of you as we kept walking outside and around the block.

"We will be fine, babe."

My heart melts at his nickname for me, "Don't call me that, though."

His eyebrows frown, "why?"

"Everyone says that. I love the way you call me Angel," I admit and he smiles automatically, his dimples so deep showing his genuine smile.

He breathes out deeply, kissing my lips gently in agreement.

"So, we will go and eat pizza, then watch a movie and fly back to-"

"New York," I interrupt him since we planned my birthday party in New York. We thought of Washington first but I rather wanted to celebrate in New York since it will be in a club and I wanted to spend my time with my parents before.

"Yes," he nods, "can't wait."

"For mr birthday or New York?"

"Both but for the first time I'm excited for New York. I missed your mom." He grins and I roll my eyes back.

"I'm sure she misses you too!"

"I know she does. She texted me this morning, asking if I like the socks and shirts she bought for me," he starts laughing but shaking his head.

"You know a mom loves you when she gets you socks," I agree.

We decided to walk instead of going by car, the weather was shiny and enjoyable. The nearest pizzeria is around ten minutes away.

"Will you stay in New York after your birthday?" He asks me.

I twitch my shoulders, "I don't know. The day after I will definitely stay. Since I've around two weeks off, I think I can go back to Vegas with you."

He nods, biting his lip and showing that he's nervous, "Alright."

"Why?"

"How far are you with your degrees? You're in WSU for two years now," he adds.

I pull my eyebrows together, he's up to something, "What are you trying to tell me?"