16: lifechanging news

Maia's PoV

"No.. no I can't be?" I panic slightly because I got scared of hearing the truth.

"What do you mean?" Justin frowns his forehead in confusion.

"Justin. I'm 21, what you and I are thinking about isn't true!" I wiggle with my sweaty hands and rub them on my thighs.

Why in the hell would he even give me such an idea? I know how badly he wants me to be pregnant, and I know that I said I wouldn't mind but it's still shocking since I didn't expect it. I just didn't and there is no way I'm hiding my shock.

His face lost its color but he looked angry, "we barely use protection," he explains as if I didn't know.

"Because we are stupid and horny!" I yell at him and stand up, grab a hoodie and shorts just to hear him smash the door closed behind him. Alright, me saying stupid wasn't nice but like I said... I'm shocked and didn't expect to maybe be pregnant.

Give me five minutes to collect my thoughts.

Jumping in my spot, I huff in despair while combing through my long hair. My hand covering my flat belly, not accepting what crossed my mind. I bite the inside of my cheek to avoid screaming the heck out of me because of Justin's reaction to my shock. I mean, I never planned to be... that.

Of course, I'll be shocked and it's unfair of him to smash the door like this and leave me alone at our suspicion.

"Holy shit," I hiss and hold my cheeks with both of my hands. My eyes became teary and my body didn't stop shaking. I threw my bag away and walked through my room, not knowing what to do now. I tried calling Justin but he declined my call instantly.

"Oh, my gooood!" I scream and threw myself on the bed, yelling further in my pillow as I hit my fist against the soft mattress.

My breath was shaky, shivering just like my body. How am I going to act now? I know nothing is confirmed but the fact that I'm really late and just noticed it would be convincing enough for me. I don't even have damn pregnancy tests.

In annoyance and discomfort, I rush the stairs down and jumped again when my parents and brother screamed "happy birthday."

Oh right...

Smiling awkwardly, seeing all the Ballons, decorations and a huge breakfast table with presents, "oh my god.." I whisper and hug my mom first. Seeing Aaliyah passed out on the table and Miguel with the baby, my dad in line to hug me, "where is Justin?"

"He said he got out for a walk."

I just nod, pretending as if nothing happened and hugged my dad after, "my little girl grew up so fast, happy birthday," he kissed my cheek and squeezed my body in a hug.

My eyes threatened to tear down. I'm a daddies girl and will always get emotional when he shows me love, "I love you so much, dad."

"Love you more, sweetheart. Now let's sit down and eat."

I sit down, feeling guilty because of Justin not being here and felt something hitting my forehead. A cherry tomato, "What?!"

"Happy birthday, ugly," Miguel comments from the other side of the table. Zoe Ann laughs, my jaw drops as he pointed at her, "even your own niece is making fun of you!"

"Shut-"

"No cussing around my baby." Aaliyah came back to life and swallowed her coffee cup empty.

My legs shake a little, wondering what Justin is doing right now and I see my mom holding her phone a little far from her face and pressing her index finger on the screen. Seeing how she looked for Justin's name in the contacts, I notice she saved him under "son 2".