12: living in the moment

Maia's PoV:

I point my phone to a short pink dress so Aaliyah could have a perfect view, "do you like it?"

"I'm not all about pink but... it's cute," she nods and sucks her bottom lip, "that's the dress. Our dress."

"I'm skeptical too because of the colour. It's really... we will look like Barbie." I giggle and lift the dress with my size up. My head turns to my left and right to see where Justin is, I catch him looking for dresses for me.

"Babe, I gotta hang up, Zoe Ann woke up. Get my dress, I'll give you the money later," Aaliyah rushes and ran around her apartment, starting to talk in her mommy voice, saying are you hungry, is my princess hungry?

I just laugh it off and hang up, looking for her size as well. With a huge grin, I walk towards Justin, having his eyes on me the second I came closer.

"You got it?" He wonders.

"Yes!" I squeak and wiggle the dresses to him.

His eyes brows go up, analyzing the material in my hands as he brushes over it, taking the whole dress into his hands and looking at me, "If someone looks in a wrong way, I'll punch the fuck out of them."

His stare on me was intense, so I just nod and try not to provoke him by saying something he wouldn't be pleased with, "you have the permission to punch the fuck out of them."

"I didn't ask for it," he disagrees and grabbed Aaliyah's dress.

"Ehh-"

"What about shoes? A matching bag?" He asks further, causing me to smile.

"What will you wear for my birthday?"

He purses his lips, scratching through the roots of his hair, "all black."

"We should match, somehow!" I wrap my arms around his neck as we walked further to pay for those.

"How?"

Good question, how should we match, "I don't know, we will see."

"I don't want to wear pink. Our souls match, that should be enough."

"Boy-" I interrupt myself at his low explanation and shake my head, "it's okay, we don't have to."

He just winks at me before pressing his lips on my cheek, "is my baby is getting older?"

"Stop talking to me like that," I whine and shake my head like a little girl. Suddenly, a wave of tiredness hit me out of nowhere and I felt dizzy within seconds. Yawning heavily, fisting Justin's shirt and hugging him to have some physical support before falling down.

"Are you alright, baby?"

"Yes," I lie and was surprised by the amount of heaviness on my body.

Something felt different, my body felt different.

Justin's arms hold me tight to his body, giving me halt as he analyses my face, "Angel, are you sure?"

My eyes close, holding his shirt with both of my hands as I tried to stand steady. His voice speaks worry, calling for my name.

"Can we sit down... for a second?" I ask him and he nods, looking around to find a perfect place but we are literally in an overfilled mall. He pulled me by my shoulders, holding me as he leads me to a corner and sat down on the ground.

"Come here," he pulls me down to him and I sit crookedly on his lap, the side of my shoulder leaning against his chest as he wraps his arms around my body, pressing a hand on my forehead, "your temperature is fine, do you need water?"