05: healing process

Maia's PoV:

I couldn't sleep all night. I really do feel helpless just to think about him taking drugs. We talked this out a hundred times but nothing works. I looked for psychologists and even texted them. Asking for an appointment because of how urgent I need one for him. Most of them cancelled any near appointments which frustrated me.

I need one as soon as possible. The best would be right after he wakes up.

Neither do I know how he's going to react. I mean, I just want the best for him and hope he's not going to be mad at me since I don't want to fight with him. I don't want to betray him, making something up behind his back though I know he totally wouldn't do any of this volunteer.

I texted Justin's manager, James, and told him what I'm planning just to find out he tried the same with no success. Rolling my eyes and breathing heavily out in despair. He wishes me luck and offered to come along if I set anything up, which I highly appreciated.

I know how aggressive he can be, especially when it comes to confronting him to his past.  Something I don't understand to this day is, how he can be so accepting with his father's death. It's unnatural for me.

"Angel?" I hear Justin murmur. He moved to face me, rubbed his puffy eyes while looking up to me since I was sitting. His forehead frowns, "why aren't you sleeping, babe?"

Panic over grew me and I instantly turned the light of my phone off to lay down, "I couldn't," was all I said without lying.

"Come here," he chuckled and swings his arm around my back to hold my hip and pull me closer to him. He then hugged me tightly, resting his head next to my shoulder while swinging his whole leg around my body.

"What are you doing?" I laugh out loud which caused him to chuckle again with no sound. He cuddled himself deeper, left a few soft kisses around my shoulder and mumbled good night.

"I've to pee," I lie but he didn't care to move.

"Do you want me to pee on you?" I continue since I was bored.

"The pleasure is all mine," he responds tiredly and moved closer to me if it even was possible.

I gave him a confused look, didn't say anything else but decided to sleep. Falling asleep and cuddled up like this didn't happen for a long time.

I admired him for a little, still find it unfair that he has longer lashes than me. I kissed the tip of his nose and cuddled him as well, loved to smell his hypnotic perfume in.

*

In the morning the vibration of my phone woke me up from my sleep. With my heavy arms, I labouriously lift myself up, gazed down to it just to see a blurry view. I groaned, rubbed my eyes and yawned as I retook a look on my phone. It was a call.

"Hello?" I mumble tiredly.

"Good Morning Ms.Martín, we are calling back for your wished appointment. We do have time at 1:30 pm for a 45-minute therapy session." I hear a female voice informing me. After her first words, I jumped up from my bed, noticed Justin wasn't in my room which calmed me down.

I could talk.

"Hey, good morning. I'm so happy to hear that! We will definitely be there.." I smile happily and felt excited to move a step forward.

"Alright, I'm writing your name down then. One therapy session costs $65 and I ask you to transfer the amount one hour before hand the appointment, that would be the deadline. All pieces of information will be sent through the mail now." She continues and I nod, realizing she couldn't see me which caused me to answer.