s e v e n

Dresses lay everywhere in two rooms of the house. Kara/Mon El's and Nova/Elara's. Kara was getting for a night out with her girlfriends, while Elara was getting ready to go eat at the pizza parlor with Casey.

Kara wore her hair curled loosely, and pinned back from her face. She had on a little bit of eyeliner and neutral eye shadow, with a bit of dusty rose lipstick, adding on to her work makeup of foundation, concealer, powder, mascara, and blush. She wore a tight deep blue dress that showed off her trim, lean figure, and black heels. She fastened on her gold hoop earrings, a dainty necklace, and slipped her rings onto her fingers. Satisfied, she gazed at her reflection in the mirror. "Elara! You ready to go?"

"Yup! Coming!" Elara yelled. She had on some concealer, mascara, eyeliner, and blush, and was applying lipgloss in the mirror. Her hair was straightened, and pulled into a half up half down, and she wasn't wearing her glasses. She had on a really simple, floral wrap dress from Brandy Melville, and slip on white canvas sneakers from Vans. She wore a dangly star choker, studs in her double lobe piercings, and the charm bracelet given to her by her father. She was done.

Nova sat studying her on the bed. "You look good little sis!"

"thanks, but you know I'm like only younger by five minutes right? Got to go now, bye!" Elara replied, rushing down the stairs to join her mom.

Kara dropped Elara off at the pizza parlor, where Casey was waiting, dressed in dark jeans and a forest green shirt. She drove off, leaving the two to eat on their own.

Elara stepped inside the place, inhaling the scent of fresh pizza. "What are you going to get?" she asked Casey.

"Just regular old cheese, and a cherry Italian soda. What about you?"

Elara smiled at him and went to go order and proceeded to pay for both of their meals as Casey protested. She smiled at his efforts to be a gentleman.

"You can buy me ice cream later, ok?" she said. The two of them sat down at a corner booth. The guy came over with a whole cheese pizza and two soda's.

She grinned at him, and he rolled his eyes. "You ordered the same thing as me?" he asked. She nodded, before reaching for a slice of that ooey gooey pizza, dripping in cheese. 

~

Kara walked into the restaurant, where she had decided to meet Lena, Alex, and Maggie. She saw her best friend at one of the tables, dressed in deep, emerald green.  Kara sat next to her. She was drinking something bubbly, and that was curiously like ginger ale. "You aren't drinking red wine? I'm shocked!" Kara joked. Lena smiled.

"No, but my stomach was very messed up earlier, so that's why. I stayed home from the office, but I feel so much better now."

"Oh okay. Look who's here!" Alex and Maggie walked into the bar, Alex and Maggie in black, dresses.

They sat down across from the two, and called for the waiter. "Can we get a bottle of Merlot?" Maggie asked.

"How are you guys?" Lena asked.

"Good you know, managing. Sofia will be thirteen soon, trying to enjoy the split second we have until she's a teenager. Noah's a total sweetheart, like usual," Maggie said, smiling. She had really gone far from her early mindset of not being a mother. She was so doting on her children. 

Kara laughed. "Nova and Elara will be fourteen in four months. Time really does fly. Honestly, having four children really keeps me busy."

Alex jokingly slapped her sister on the shoulder. "You shouldn't have had four then, just kidding, because otherwise I wouldn't have my wonderful nieces and nephew." 

This conversation made Lena's eyes water. Alex and Maggie had two children, Kara had four, she had none. Lena and James were married, but had no kids, something Lena struggled with. They had been trying to have children, but really were ready to give up, as she had a problem with her fertility, and was almost forty. Kara noticed her best friends change of mood and gripped her hand under the table, changing the subject.

"Did you guys hear about Cat? She's coming back permanently!"

~

Elara took a giant bite of her mint chip and flashed that dazzling white smile of hers, causing Casey to choke. She really was beautiful, though she attempted to deny it, and he liked her, a lot. The way she played with her hair, messing it up, her magnetic blue eyes, and her smile. 

"Elara?" he said shyly. She leaned towards him in the booth. 

"Yes?"

He flushed pink slightly. "i-ilikeyou." he said. Elara scrunched up her face, not understanding what he said.

"I like you," he repeated. She turned pink with pleasure.

"So do I."

She slipped his hand into her own and leaned in further, brushing her lips against his.