e i g h t e e n

This is Set May 28, a Saturday.

Sunlight filtered through the halfway closed blinds, throwing waves of light onto the bed. Kara lay in Mon El's arms, dressed in a white tank top and plaid shorts, he bare chested with a pair of sweatpants on.

Her chest rose slightly and fell with each breath she took, and she took an especially deep breath before opening her eyes. She was mesmerizing, her wavy blond hair complementing her absolutely magnetic eyes.

"Happy birthday handsome," she whispered. 

He smiled, opening his eyes. "Love you Kara," he said, kissing her.

The bedroom door burst open, and in that split second, Mon El managed to get a shirt on.

"Happy birthday dad!" Avery yelled, jumping between her parents so she could give her dad a hug. Hudson gave him a hug too, and the twins had brought him breakfast.

"What should we do today?" Kara asked.

"Should we go to the beach?" Mon El questioned.

Kara looked at the kids, who all had pleading looks on their faces. "Go get ready," she said, getting up to go to the bathroom.

****

"How much longer?" Avery whined. She hated being in the car for more than thirty minutes.

"Just another minute Aves," her mother said, digging through her purse for the sunscreen, which she then tossed into the backseat where Nova and Hudson sat.

Avery, and Elara sat in the middle row, which was a hotly contested seat, for the back row of the van was cramped, and the AC wasn't in the best condition there.

They parked at the beach, which was really crowded, and all grabbed stuff from the trunk, before finding a spot to sit near one of the life guard towels.

Avery ran towards the water, Elara running after her to make sure she didn't go too far. Avery was wearing an adorable pink one piece with ruffles, a pair of goggles around her neck. Elara wore a black high waisted bikini, a pair of sunglasses on her head.

Nova wore a light pink halter bikini top, and light blue bottoms, while Hudson wore a pair of black swimming trunks, just like his dad. Kara wore a sky blue, high waisted bikini, a floral kimono cover up over.

Mon El set up the pop up tent, while Kara spread the blanket, sitting down on it. The kids all dashed off to play in the water, and Mon El came to sit next to Kara.

"Hey, love," he said, burying his face in her hair. She smelt like vanilla.

"Hey," she said, leaning upwards so his lips met hers. 

"We really needed this," he said.

"We need some real alone time," Kara said, excitement dancing across her face. "Which is why, we're going to the Maldives! And don't worry, the kids won't miss out, because we are taking a trip to India, for two weeks in August."

Mon El looked confused. "What? Holy shit Kara!"

Kara laughed, she'd been keeping this secret for weeks. She'd always wanted to visit India, and wanted her kids to visit India as well. As for the Maldives, she'd seen pictures, it was beautiful.

Mon El suddenly got up. "Last on to the water is a rotten egg!"

"You're on!" she laughed, racing ahead of him and splashing into the refreshing water.

That's it for this chapter, sorry for it being so short:( I kind of had a little writers block, hence no update for two weeks. Next few updates will be the vacation. Also, I turn fourteen in exactly a week, whooo! Also, yes, I do 'share' a birthday with Nova and Elara, twelve year old me was kind of stupid to do that lol. I end school thursday, yay! and get promoted to high school friday! That's it for the life updates haha. Love y'all! - A