t w e l v e

Surprise! Early Update!

The look of fear on her face was all it took to send him into a panic. Her futile efforts were sickening to watch.

"Mon El! Where is my baby?"

"With Rao," he answered quietly.

That's when it hit her. Her baby really was gone. And she broke.

Alex tapped Mon El on the shoulder lightly. "Let's give her some space," she said, and he nodded.

They sat outside the door quietly. "She was pregnant?" Alex asked.

"I didn't find out till after she had miscarried," he said.

"I'm sorry," she said. 

"Me too. I should have never let her go out on her own."

"No, don't blame yourself. You didn't know, none of us did."

No one except Kara

~

Kara sat stone like as the doctor assessed her condition. He assured her the paralysis was temporary, a mere side effect of the combination of powerful medications she was on. 

She clutched her stomach again and again. "I would have named you Emma if you were a girl. Reeve if you were a boy," she whispered quietly.

She was startled by the door banging open, and a tiny, petite girl slipping in. Her hair was long, and chocolate brown, she had crystal blue eyes. Avery.

"Avery!" Kara cried, hugging her youngest daughter close. "I missed you my baby."

She was never letting go of her children again. She heard a knock on the door, and yelled for them to come in.

It was a nurse, bringing her some food. Broth, and a glass of water. Kara struggled to finish the meager meal, which disheartened her. Was she really getting better?

Nova, Elara, and Hudson came inside as well. They sat next to the bed, holding their mothers hand. 

A soft knock, and Mon El came inside, saying it was nightime, and the kids really had to go home and sleep, saying that Maggie was staying with them.

They kissed their mother goodbye, and left. 

Mon El settled himself on the bed next to hers.

He held her hand as they fell asleep.

Super Short Chapter, I Know. 

I have a really cool idea for the next chapter and needed this chapter to just clear up a few things before I write that one!