s e v e n t e e n

The warm air felt like a rejuvenating boost of energy for Kara- which it was, given her Kryptonian physiology. 

She spotted Alex and Maggie spreading out a picnic blanket, cuddling, while Sofia chased Noah around. He was holding her shoe, and running as fast as he could.

Kara hobbled as fast as she could on her crutches, the rest of her family still getting stuff from the car. She had a tote bag holding some snacks slung on her shoulder.

"Hey guys," she said, greeting them both with a hug. Sofia helped Kara sit down, before putting the combat boot she had taken from her by her brother, back on.

"How are you feeling?" Maggie said sympathetically.

"Miserable, I hate these crutches."

Alex nodded in an understanding fashion. Sofia perked up suddenly at the sight of Nova and Elara, same with Noah, who made a beeline towards Hudson, soccer ball in hand.

They spotted Winn, his wife, and their children, who were coming from the other end of the park.

Ella, his wife, was a Korean woman who Winn had met at a bar. She was badass, hot and it was instant chemistry. Two years later, they got married. Now they had two children, a son, and a daughter. The sons was Hudson and Noah's age, the daughter the same age as Avery. They were named Ethan and Luna.

"Hi Kara, feeling better?" Ella said, giving Kara a hug. After she and Winn got married, Ella had been added to the list of people who knew Kara was Supergirl.

"Yeah lot's," Kara said. "How are you?"

"Great. Job keeps me busy, but I do have a little spare time."

"Same. Between CatCo, and the kids, I sometimes feel overwhelmed."

"I agree," Maggie chimed in. "We should all do a spa night!"

"A spa night?" Lena said. She had just arrived with James, dressed in a loose tunic top and leggings, with an oversized cardigan on top to hide her pregnancy. So far, only Kara knew.

"Yes!" Maggie said. "Let's do one with all of us. The husbands can stay home and babysit."

Kara laughed, before squeezing Lena's hand. "Feeling okay?" she whispered.

Lena nodded. "Yes, I'm fine," she whispered back.

"Hey look, they've started a soccer game!" Maggie said, laughing. "Do you want to play?"

"I'm up," Alex and Ella said at the same time. 

"Lena?" Maggie questioned. Lena shook her head. "I'll stay with Kara."

 The teams were spilt up.

Team one was: Hudson, Noah, Mon El, Ella, Alex, Elara, Luna.

Team two was: Ethan, Winn, James, Maggie, Nova, Sofia, Avery.

Kara whooped and laughed as Mon El tripped headfirst moment into the match, falling on top of Alex, who cussed at him good naturally. Kara turned to her best friend. Lena was tense and anxious beside her.

"Do you want to talk?"

****

"So, how are you feeling?" Kara asked Lena, stretching out on the picnic blanket.

"Ugh sick. I'm constantly nauseous, and have no energy."

Kara patted Lena's shoulder gently. "It gets better after the first trimester ends."

"Kara, I'm in a dilemma. When should I tell everyone?"

"I would say week thirteen, but I know you will be reluctant, so I advise just waiting until you cannot hide it anymore."

"This idea crossed my mind the other day, and I think I might just hide from public view until I deliver them."

"Lena, you can't just step away from your life."

"Kara, I need to protect them. If anyone, if my mother, Lex, anyone of the thousands who want me dead find out-"

Her voice broke. 

"Hey, hey, Lee, I understand, I'll help you. Once you can't hide your pregnancy anymore, I can find you a safe place outside the city. I can fly James there every night, and bring groceries, vitamin, everything. We can get you a private doctor, okay? Now don't stress, please."

"Okay.." Lena said quietly, and softly.

"Now let's set up that food, looks like their all done."

"Okay," Lena sniffled quietly, drying her moist eyes, and helping Kara set out the food, as everyone else came over.

"Were you crying Lena?" Maggie whispered. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, it's just allergies," Lena bluffed, helping herself to some salad. 

****

"Mon El?" Kara called from inside the bathroom.

"Yeah?" he said, standing right outside the door. 

"Can you tell Avery she needs to shower before she goes to bed?"

"Okay, I'll tell her."

Avery was lying on the couch, eyes focused on the TV, when Mon El found her.

"Hey squirt," he said.

"Hi daddy," she replied.

"You need to shower before you go to bed."

"Can I finish this episode?"

"Yeah, sure," he said, before turning to go back up the stairs. Kara was sitting on the bed when he found her, staring at the wall. He closed the door, turning the lock.

Her hair was freshly washed, damp strands hanging down her back. She wore a blue tank top and grey sweatpants, not minding the chill that swept through the house due to a slightly colder than normal spring.

He sat down next to her, pulling her into his arms.

"What were you thinking about?" he asked.

Kara bit her lip, staring up at him.

"I can't tell you."

"I thought we had no secrets between us."

"It isn't my secret."

Mon El understood. He picked up the throw blanket draped at the foot of their bed.

"You shouldn't get sick," he said. "It's kind of cold."

She pressed a kiss to his cheek, light as a feather. "I love you," she whispered.

"Not as much as I simply love, and adore you," he said, returning her kiss.

Kara blushed a soft rose color. 

"What? It's true. You are an incredible wife, an amazing mother, a excellent reporter, and the sweetest person. There is a reason I fell in love with you," he said, as Kara's eyes filled with tears.

"You always know the right things to say," she said. "That's one of the reasons why I love you."

****

Hey guys, sorry for the two week wait on the update, I've been busy. I'm in the home stretch of school, a few weeks left, yay! I've been taking finals, but I'm proud to say I aced English with a 100 percent and scored a 92 percent in math! When do y'all get out of school? -A