n i n e t e e n

"Girls, are you ready?" Kara called from downstairs. She wore a light pink shift dress, her hair in beachy waves, held up in a loose ponytail.  Glasses, white sandals, and a silver charm bracelet Mon El had gotten her completed the outfit. Mon El looked every bit the dad he was, in a light blue button down shirt, and khakis, also wearing glasses, and black sneakers.

Hudson wore a green half sleeve button down and denim shorts, of course with his glasses, hair completely messy to Kara's chagrin.

Avery looked every bit adorable in a yellow dress that matched her sunny personality, brown curls bouncing as she impatiently held her mothers hand. She was hungry, they were going out for birthday lunch.

Nova and Elara finally came downstairs, and Kara gave a little gasp, they looked so grown up, and pretty. She knew they were only fourteen, but they didn't seem like her little girls anymore.

Nova wore a white off the shoulder crop top, and a pink denim skirt, checkered Vans Slip Ons, glasses, and silver star earrings completing her look

Elara wore a blue wrap dress with little flowers on it, and Nike Airforces, gold star earrings, and glasses finishing her off.

"You look so mature," Kara said, a small smile on her face. "Fourteen years since I first held you in my arms."

Mon El gave a sad smile. He hadn't been there to witness their birth, though none of their children knew that.

"So, were are we going?" Kara asked.

"Chinese," Nova said, smiling.

"Let's go then."

~

Everyone sat down, and they almost immediately ordered their favorites. No menu looking needed.

"Did I ever tell you the story of the first time your dad left for a business trip, and both of you caught a cold at the same time?" Kara asked.

They shook their heads.

"Well, Mon El was gone, and I took a few days off from work because Elara had caught a cold. One day later, Nova gets it too."

"Wait, so you had two babies, under the age of two, sick at the same time? Oh my god mom," Elara mumbled.

Kara laughed. "Well you both didn't let me get any sleep for two days, and when you fell asleep the third day, each of you wrapped your tiny hands around my fingers. I just remember the two of you as babies all the time now!"

The twins blushed, and Kara perked up as the food arrived. "Potstickers!"

Kara really was a little child.

One day later.

The raven haired Luthor lay in her bed, as the afternoon sunshine spilled over her. Her hands lay on her belly, fingers traveling over the protruding abdomen.

Seventeen weeks pregnant with triplets, and she couldn't hide it anymore. She'd stopped coming out of the apartment, deactivated her social media accounts, and earned disappointment from her millions of followers.

James was as supportive as he could be, but still he had to work, running CatCo and all.

In just a few hours, she'd be shifting to her spare home, which was heavily secured as compared to her penthouse. Kara was coming over to help.

She'd ordered a ridiculous amount of maternity clothes, ordering them from another computer, paying for them with an offshore bank account. She was going to great lengths to hide her pregnancy.

She was wearing her baggiest dress, and a big coat, which worked together to disguise her bump. But even if she shifted a tad awkwardly, her secret would be exposed.

"Lena?"

Kara stood in the doorway of the bedroom, smiling softly. "Are you okay?"

"Are you?" Lena asked, sitting up. "You look tired. I'm okay, but I'm frustrated with this stupid bedrest."

"It gets better Lee. I'm fine, I just didn't get much sleep last night. Avery has a fever."

"Is she feeling well now?"

"Mon El's taking care of her, she still isn't 100%. Alien viruses are ass."

"Oh," Lena said. "Well, I have all my stuff packed up in those two suitcases, and those few boxes. I just need help getting them to the car, I'm not allowed to lift heavy stuff you know? James took his stuff over this morning. We have furniture, bedding, everything over there, it's just clothes and baby stuff I'm taking."

"I'll get the bags and stuff," Kara said, managing to pick most of Lena's stuff up, because super strength had its perks. When she got everything, she helped Lena to the car. They got into Kara's minivan, as it had more space than Lena's small Mercedes.

The drive from the city center, to the outskirts, took a very long time, because stupid traffic.

"Oh my fucking Rao!" Kara said, banging on her horn.

"Careful it'll break."

"I know that Lee," Kara said, glancing at her pregnant friend who was visibly uncomfortable. "The gps says five minutes by the way."

"Thank god," Lena said. "How did you do this three times?"

"Umm, I'm an alien with superpowers?" Kara asked innocently as she took a bite from a glazed donut she'd picked up before she'd gone to get Lena.

Lena had finished her own donut a while back, leaving the remaining eleven for Kara.

They turned into a a street.

"That's the one," Lena said, pointing to a two story, modern looking house, which had a tall, thick wall surrounding it. Bodyguards were stationed at points on the perimeter, and they had to pass a rigorous security check to make it through.

But Lena could breathe a little easier now that she was through.