f o u r t e e n

Part Two of Lena's story

She couldn't focus the rest of the day, so she left work early. She met a client for dinner, but was distracted through the whole thing.

She was thankful when she could retreat home and watch Wheel of Fortune with a carton of chunky monkey.

She fell asleep on the couch late that night and was awakened by the ringing of the phone in the morning.

She answered it, and lit up as the doctor started to speak. But her face came crashing down.

"Yes I can come in. Thank you."

And thats when she cried. She cried and cried and cried.

Wiping her tears away she looked at herself in the mirror. She was wearing a long baggy sweatshirt and yoga pants, her hair a mess, leftover mascara from yesterday streaming down her face.

She was pregnant. But something was wrong. Her hand touched her stomach. What if it was another doomed pregnancy? She still remembered the first time.

She got herself ready, wearing a dark green top and black pencil skirt paired with black flats. She was finishing up her hair when a knock sounded on the door.

"One minute!" she called, putting on her hoop earrings. 

She opened the door and saw Kara standing there nervously. Kara was wearing a light blue dress and gray cardigan, and looked nervous, her forehead crinkled, a telltale sign she was worried about something.

"Lena!" she cried, throwing her arms around the smaller woman. "I've just, I've been so worried. You haven't picked up any of my phone calls!"

"I'm sorry. I've been a little distracted, it's just, I'd love to stay and chat, but I've got a doctors appointment-" she was cut off by Kara's yelp of joy.

"Your pregnant!" she said. 

"How, how did you know?"

"It's so cute, the way your resting your hand on your stomach. I did that all the time with my pregnancies."

Lena glanced downwards and groaned. Sure enough, her palm lay on her almost flat stomach.

"Can I come with you to your appointment? I know James is traveling, and you need the support."

Lena nodded, eyes falling to the floor. Kara hugged her again. "Your going to be fine Lena."

~

Lena was sent to the ultrasound room as soon as she stepped foot into the office, where Dr. Gibbs met her.

"Hello Ms. Luthor," she said. "I understand you are nervous to find out why we called you here. The blood test shows unusually high levels of hcg for how far in you are. You are currently six weeks pregnant, and thus, we really need to do an ultrasound as their is a possibility it could be multiples."

Lena nodded fearfully as the doctor spread the gel on her belly and set up the machine. She gripped Kara's hand tightly.

The wand was moved over her skin and the doctor gave a hint of a smile.

"I understand you went through IVF? How many eggs were used the last round?"

"Three."

"Well congratulations, it seems all three are thriving. You have a very healthy set of triplets."

Kara looked at Lena wide eyed. "Triplets?" she echoed.

The doctor nodded.

"Now Ms. Luthor, you have to understand that any triplet pregnancy is high risk, and yours is even riskier considering your age and the numerous miscarriages you have had."

She nodded.

"Therefore, I would advise you to wrap up things at L Corp, and enact an acting CEO while you go on bedrest starting your fifteenth week. Come back for another ultrasound in two weeks, understand you frequently will be getting them due to the nature of this pregnancy."

The doctor had Lena sign some papers and left.

"Are you sure your ready for this?" Kara asked, placing her hand on Lena's.

Lena looked up at Kara, eyes wet with tears of joy. "I've been waiting years."

"Does James know?"

"I'm going to tell him on Saturday."

Our Family: Him and I SequelOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara