3

Three

The next morning, I decided to head to the park with Jayson. I believe that some fresh air would do him just right and it was something that Jayson enjoyed to do. I was confident that if I could see Jayson happy that it would therefore make me happy.

Mum was taking a long sleep and I knew she had a dinner party with her best friends tonight.

I packed up a small bag and picked up Jay" c'mon jay jay lets go out, "I said strapping him into his pushchair.

He found the roof of the pram to be very interesting to him as I walked out of the door.

I walked for ten minutes to the nearest park. As soon as I arrived little girls came running over instantly recognising Jayson.

He's a hit what can I say.

" Oh, Lizzy look at him he's holding my pinky," a girl says laughing. I looked over and rightly so Jayson was tightly holding onto this girls finger for dear life.

" clearly he misses you," I said to her.

A group of young girls were all looking at Jayson. They loved him and I knew when they were older they would be great candidates for babysitters. Maybe I should start getting contacts numbers.

I sat back and watched as they fussed around with Jayson. Jay being the ladies man welcomed the attention and loved it.

He's going to be trouble when he's older I swear.

I thought that I would be at peace her in the park surrounded by children. The only problems they would have is wondering who's turn it was on the slide.

If only my life was that simple.

My eyes narrowed in on an oddly familiar figure. Standing leaning against a black Mercedes. When he knew that I saw him he made his way over. The mothers of the other kids watched him as he marched across the park.

I breathed in the fresh air, preparing myself for what was about to come.

" how did you find me, " I said as Leon sat beside me, a little too close for my liking.

Jayson was already wiggling around in his seat when his eyes met Leon's. Clearly, he missed his dad.

"Go ahead," I said motioning for Leon to hold his son.

I watched him pick up Leon and hold him in his arms. He waved Jayson's arms around and made funny faces.

It hurt to see them like that. Knowing that we can never be that once happy family again.

" what are you doing here," I asked him as he placed Jayson back down.

He glances at me. " well if you're not going to answer me calls I'm going to have to find another way to get to see my family"

He's using this family word a lot recently. Seemed to have slipped his mind when he was cheating on me.

" well, you've seen him. We will work an agreement on when you can see him" I said to him bluntly.

I know he wasn't happy with that outcome.

" it's not just him I'm here to see," he said turning to me. I moved away when he made a motion to touch me.

Don't give In I almost said to myself.

" Leon it's over. Now you're a free man you can do whatever you want" surely he would welcome that opportunity because now that I'm out of the picture he can do as he pleases.

" you think I want that. If I didn't want you I would have ended this." he blurted, grabbing my arm. not in a hurtful way but more like a way to just keep me there.