29

Twenty Nine

Friday 23rd April

Waking up this morning, it wasn't like any regular morning. How could it be when today is the day I will marry my best friend. It may seem really cliché to call him that but I've realised that's who he truly is.

Ever since I met Leon all those years ago he was someone I trusted, who I could speak about anything to. We laughed, cried and had fun just like any strong friendship did. I'm pretty confident that Leon always saw more than a friendship between us.

He cheated on me and yet here I am staring at the wedding dress that our fathers spent a ridiculous amount of Money on. I grew up not really excited about a grand wedding, but Leon made me excited in these last few weeks. By showing how much he loved me.

We planned to get married at this really beautiful venue and I was staying at a nearby hotel in the penthouse room whilst Leon was at a completely different hotel. Something about there being a chance of bumping into each other before the wedding.

I never imagined Leon to be this excited about a wedding, which made me feel guilty for waiting so long.

When Leon initially proposed to me, I'm sure he was excited but I barely discussed plans with his in those weeks. I wonder if I was more excited, maybe he wouldn't have let Emily get close enough.

"Don't tell me your doubting him again, he's made sure to make this day so special for you Liz have a little respect will you" My brother practically shouted at me in frustration.

Well hello to you too brother.

Hold on a minute.

" I never wanted it to be all about me, firstly" I've known for a long time that Leon has wanted to marry me, to create a bond to finally call me his wife. I want this day to be as much about him than it is me.

He groaned at my silence " I just knew this was going to happen. How many times do we have to tell you that Leon loves you. He made some mistakes, but I truly believe that he will never make it again and that's taken me years to finally admit you know"

Hold on a minute. Does he truly think I am doubting. I told mom I was nervous, and this is the result I get, doubt. There's not a doubting bone in my body when it comes to Leon right now.

How they came to this. Is beyond me.

"Let me in right now, you're not stopping me from talking some sense into her" my eyes widened hearing my best friend from outside. This time it wasn't even Hailey, I managed to keep her away from me whilst I got ready.

Jess was let inside and as she held onto a small book of some sorts. Her hair and makeup was completely done with the only thing left to do was put on her bridesmaid dress. I spent hours in a bridal store choosing the perfect dress that me and Leon would want.

" only you would wait until the morning to start doubting honestly woman are you trying to give me a stroke" she huffed as she jumped on my bed setting the purple book down on the bed.

My eyes fixed on the book. She still had it.

" since Hailey can't be here she said that this book might knock some sense into you" she didn't even wait for me until she started turning the pages like a mad woman.

This was my journal. I had been under the impression this book was buried somewhere in my dad's attic but low and behold it's here in front of my eyes.

" you've loved Leon ever since this day. Look you wrote him in here with a bazillion love hearts surrounding him and you want to tell me you're scared of tying the knot. I honestly don't know what the man can do to prove to you that he is sorry and most importantly that he loves you and will not fuck up again" I sense a lot of anger coming from her.