13

Thirteen

"where's Leonardo," Emily says walking up to Leon's assistant who looks like she could use a strong coffee. I can see the bags under her eyes and she just looks exhausted.

Makes me wonder what Leo is doing, is he the cause of his staff looking so dead. Which no doubt has had a big impact on their performance.

"His office, he hasn't had lunch yet either," she tells Emily. I checked my watch; it was already 4 in the afternoon has he really not eaten at all. Surely, he's had breakfast. He is a good cook after all I had hoped he had a healthy breakfast.

My girlfriend instincts were kicking in, thinking about how Leon isn't taking care of himself and how I wanted to be the one to help him.

Just because I hate him at the minute doesn't mean I don't care for him, after all, he was my Leon and still is the father to my baby.

"Tell catering to fix him up something, maybe he will eat after we've spoken to him" Emily carries on talking to the assistant.

Even though I should be furious that this woman is caring for him like that I'm just happy that someone else is looking out for him, because honestly, I do care for that idiot of a man.

It wasn't long before they had brought up food for him to eat. It was a sub sandwich with all the good vegetables inside. This was the go to meal he would make for himself and still is his favourite to this day.

"I'll go in first; he might get pissed if he sees you" Emily nods her head in understanding telling me to go inside.

I grabbed the food and pushed his office doors open.

I wasn't surprised to see him behind his desk flicking through a pile of documents, a pair of eyeglasses covering his eyes and his blazer jacket removed from his shoulders.

He opened his mouth to shout only for him to lock eyes with me and pause.

"Liz, what are you doing here" he quickly got up pushing his chair back and walking towards me. before he could even reach me, I pushed his lunch into his chest.

Any closer and I'll crumble.

"you came to bring me lunch?" he asks confused. I don't blame him it's probably been 4 months since I've come and done this for him.

I shook my hand "I came here to knock some sense into you" he stared at me for a few moments before sighing. "she's got some nerve; she shouldn't have even spoken to you I'm sorry "he starts to apologise. I guess he knew that Emily spoke to me.

I held my hand up "Don't blame her, this doesn't mean I forgive you or anything I just don't want you fucking up your business that we built together" I said taking a step back.

His eyes snapped up to meet mine. A pissed look crossed his features "you're my business Liz, I don't want to work with her because it reminds me every single damn day how much I've fucked up" I wanted to snap this after his first few words.

If I was his business, he wouldn't have fucked up in the first place.

"even I can see that you two are great for business, she's clever and knows what she's doing you have to work together otherwise your business will..." a deafening bang broke throughout the office. Leon had slammed his hand down onto his desk.

He was pissed

"my business will what. I don't care what happens to this fucking company if by stopping working with her I have the smallest chance of getting you back I will do it. Tell me right now that selling my company will bring you back in my life and I'll do it" I stood still registering his words. Leon spoke with passion, his tone seemed to vibrate against my chest.