11

Eleven

"To Liz and her success," Jessica said raising her glass. I watched my beautiful best friend stand with her eyes bright and proud.

I had just finished listening to the latest review of our magazine and I was personally sang high praises for the turn out of the magazine.

"To Liz" the girls cheered for me.

Jessica had organised a break in Italy for all of us. she was adamant that I needed some time away from all the stress of Leon. I really appreciated the effort and I loved her for looking out for me however I desperately wanted to be back with my son.

He's growing up so fast and I'm struggling to keep up with him. Leon was strict on having him while I was away. originally, he was going to stay with my mom, but he was adamant on having him.

Jessica had the act for organising things like this for me. How she managed to fit it in along with her work was beyond me. I was thankful that Jessica and Hailey got on so well. They were my friends from different times in my life and I loved them equally as much.

"who knew that the Book worm would be editing a whole damn magazine" Hailey said taking a sip from her glass.

The girls laughed; I was instantly brought back to the old memories of being in school. I've always loved books and writing; it was only when I met Leon, that he said that I should start writing.

Those were the times when Leon looked out for me. life was simple and he was always looking out for my future.

"Thanks, girls, it's been amazing here I'm really thankful," I said to them honestly feeling grateful to have them supporting me. They just smiled back at me.

"I bet you can't wait to see Jayson tomorrow" Jessica commented as she took a sip from her wine glass.

Of course, I think this is the longest I've been away from Jason and it sucks that I still have to wait till tomorrow.

This whole trip I've managed to keep my thoughts away from Leon, Haley had a strict rule of no social media so I wouldn't see anything. I guess that was a good idea although I missed any posts or videos of Jason.

One thing I've noticed recently is that Leon likes to capture Jayson with pictures and videos. I don't mind Jayson being online just as long as its nothing too private.

"I just want to see him now" I groaned annoyed.

"well let's go back now. Once you get to sleep it'll be time to see him" she has a good point. Even when I wake up, I still have to wait a few hours while we travel back.

We all got up thanking the waiter as we passed and walked back to the hotel. The hotel wasn't far from here, so we were able to just walk.

When we arrived, I went straight to the bathroom to take my final bath.

After spending a good 10 minutes soaking in there I finished up and joined the girls in the room.

"I'll never get tired of that bath, how you managed to afford this place Hailey is astounding," I told her towel drying my hair and joining her.

"yeah me either," she said hesitantly.

Her hesitant tone piqued my interest "what?" I asked her.

She closed her eyes muttering something. "you're going to hate me" she said a bit louder this time.

"I didn't actually pay for this..." she paused eying my reaction.

"originally we were going to stay in a hotel that I found since all the nice ones were gone but Kaleb the big baboon spilt to Leon and the next thing, I know we have a reservation at this hotel" She rushed out nervously. I closed my eyes.