25

Twenty Five

"what's going on?" I asked Hannah, we were sitting in the hall waiting for lunch when I saw a group of girls running, they had a big gift bag in their hand as they passed us.

"Don't you know? It's Leon's birthday today" I turned around and saw the girls go up to Leon who sat with his boys. The girl handed Leon the giftbag and giggled when Leon spoke to her.

I did know that it was his birthday, but I had no idea that it was such a big deal. Ever since that day when he admitted his feelings to me I have kind of been avoiding him. I think he could see that, and he gave me the space that I needed.

All weekend I was trying to figure out what to do, do I give him a present or just greet him on his birthday. I chose the first option, and with the help from my mom I bought him a board game. When I was at parties with him and his friends saw that he loved playing games.

The present was weighing me down throughout the day. I took time thinking about my feelings towards Leon. He was a breath of fresh air, making me laugh whenever he speaks to me. it also didn't help that he was really good looking.

I wanted something with him I knew that, but I think he might have moved on.

When it came to the end of school I rushed across campus and waited by the gates. 20 minutes later I saw him. His friends had left earlier to go get his party ready, leaving him to walk alone.

He had his head down as he walked towards the exit, he didn't even see me standing there. Why did he look so low?

"LEON!" I shouted catching his attention. Those bold eyes stared at me, he looked confused as to why I would be there.

I held the wrapped-up box to my chest and met him. I stood in front of him pressing the box firmly.

"I'm sorry for leaving it late but I got something for you. Happy birthday" I said handing him the present. I waited for him to take it, but he just stared at me.

This was a mistake I shouldn't have.

"yeah you might hate it but I'm giving it to you so I'm going to leave it here" I bent down and placed in on the ground avoiding his eyes completely.

When I stood back up I hadn't expected him to be this close. He kicked the present to the side with his foot and stepped closer to me.

He lifted my chin up and slowly but surely he smiled at me. "Think its time you gave me my present" I looked at him unsure. I lowered my eyes to the gift I got him on the floor.

"no uh, what present do you think I want right now Charlize" I was at a loss for words.

He couldn't seriously be implying what I think could he.

His hand came and rested on my shoulder rubbing the bare skin showing from my top.

His eyes were almost hypnotising as they stared at me.

So, I did what I thought he wanted. I leant up onto my tiptoes and placed a small kiss on his cheek. When he realised that I kissed his cheek he groaned and grabbed my waist pulling me against him.

"No princess, I want these" he said and smashed his lips down onto my own. My gasp was silenced as he coaxed me with his soft lips.

I enjoyed it way too much.

Present Day

Today was Leon's birthday and I didn't forget; from what I was aware of he had no plans to celebrate but I wasn't going to let that happen.