4

Four

Charlize POV

"HOLY FUCKING SHIT" Jessica shouts as she sees me standing in the mirror fluffing my hair trying to bring some volume into it.

Months after the break up, I found myself enjoying life a little bit more each day. I managed to get my job back at the magazine and become a full time editor. I was surprised that they gave me my original job back so easily. But Raquel who was the owner was a close friend of mine.

I removed all connections with Leon, with my brother being the one to drop off Jayson with him when it was his time with our son.

Leon has been quiet recently, he's submerged himself in business, no women surprisingly. He evens old 2 of his cars, his condo in new york almost like he was trying to prove himself to me.

I smirked at her through the mirror which only caused her to start jumping up and down wildly and screaming. "yes, yes I approve I love love love" she screamed, clapping her hands wildly.

"Jess your dress" I said laughing worried that she would somehow rip it. We were both going to a very popular event which I still was invited to, Leon didn't remove me from the guest list.

I was initially very surprised since I imagined that he would be going with another woman. Possibly Emily. I didn't know what made me want to go their but parts of me wanted him to see what he cheated on. What he lost.

"You look amazing Liz" Jessica commented as she walked up behind me.

I won't disagree with her I did look amazing in this dress. Over the last few months I have been training with my personal trainer trying to get in shape. I tried to tell myself that I wasn't doing this for him but all I ever thought when I stared at myself in the gym mirrors was what he would think.

When I told my friend, I was going she gave me the idea of having a white dress so that Leon could think about me on our wedding day if he hadn't decided to think with his penis.

I loved that idea.

Myself and Jessica got into a car and made our way to the venue. It was like this ball type of event which was celebrating some powerful people in the music industry.

I loved music and often went to these events with Leon before. I knew people expected me there and I wasn't blind to the media. They were counting on me being there.

The moment we stepped out we were immediately in the eyes of the public. Jessica smirked. I linked my fingers with hers and walked my way to the entrance only stopping twice for pictures.

"He's here already" she whispered into my ear as we finally stepped into the venue. It was very Grande with high ceilings, big chandeliers and beautiful music playing.

The chords matched the rapid beating of my heart.

"The queen has arrived" we heard a loud voice say as we walked through. A close friend of Leon stood before us wearing a navy-blue suit and he held a champagne glass in his hand.

It felt weird to want to hate him, but I had to remember he probably knew about what Leon was doing. Knowing at what a flirt Trevor was I couldn't imagine him not having anything to do with it.

"she sure has" Jessica said walking up and shoving him to the side. I briefly cast my eyes down before following behind her. I didn't expect him to roughly grab my arm.

I paused. "I didn't know Liz, please forgive my brother" he said into my ear.

"Fuck off Trevor" I snapped at him ripping my arm out from his hold.