20

Twenty

Flashback

Leon's POV

Slamming the door I got in my car and drove anywhere. I just needed to get out of that house before I say something I really regret.

Liz has made it clear she wanted to argue on every tiny thing.

What's the problem with having a nanny whils she works instead of working from home and missing out on big opportunities. Of course, I care about my son but that doesn't have to stop her from getting what she wants.

Every single day she finds something to argue about.

"Woah Woah bro chill on the ..." I finished the glass sliding it forward so that the bartender could fill it up. I don't plan on going home tonight so I can drink whatever I want.

After the night I've had I deserve a break.

" did you fight with wifey again" I glared at Trevor.

" wifey" I laughed " who am I kidding Liz will never marry me" even though I proposed she has no motive to even start thinking about wedding plans.

I thought girls were dying for that opportunity where they can plan their wedding.

" give me that, you guys have turned me into a raging alcoholic" Trevor grabbed the bottle from the bartender pouring himself his own glass.

I don't remember when it all changed. It wasn't Jayson fault I don't regret having a son but I think the stress of a new-born wasn't helpful towards our relationship.

" nobody's forcing you to get involved," I said tracing the rim of my glass.

Trevor scoffed " I'm here voluntary, you know that" that's why he is my best friend. I was already with Liz when I met Trevor and at first, they weren't fans of each other but they soon warmed up to each other.

" thanks, man, I need to clear my head I'm going to go to the office " I didn't even give him time to reply I just left.

No doubt he will keep himself entertained her.

I knew I couldn't drive so I ended up walking to the office, it was only a 20-minute walk and it was a good way to clear my head.

I walked into the office seeing a few people moping about. A few people tried to cover up the fact that they weren't actually doing any productive work but right now I couldn't care.

I sat in my office chair breathing deeply. A picture of me and Liz was staring at me. from a time when our problems were simpler.

A soft knock came at my door. Emily peeked her head in. she had her glasses on meaning that she was working late too. She often did this when we had deadlines coming up.

" you look terrible" she commented closing the door behind her. She walked in placing a pile of folders on my desk.

I stared at the pile with disgust knowing that was my next job.

"thanks" I muttered laying my head on the table. I wasn't in the mood to joke around like we normally do.

I froze when I felt her hand on my shoulders. She started to rub them. It was slightly uncomfortable with her long nails.

" Emily, please stop," I said rotating my shoulder to hopefully get her hands off me.

" Leon, just relax, " she said next to my ear I could feel her lips on my skin and I was blaming the alcohol for my reaction towards it.