24

Twenty Four

I don't think I have ever been so busy with doing campaigns and PR for the magazine it can be seriously exhausting and I've had trouble to find time even for myself.

I feel like Leon has taken this as an opportunity to work hard since I don't really have the time for us at the minute. I don't want him to jeopardise his work, he loves his job and that's what he should focus on.

I don't know what I expected when he called me 5 minutes ago cancelling on our date.

I stretched my legs under the table. My eyes glanced at the beige heels on my feet, a perfect match for the dress I was wearing for this night.

I quickly paid for the bill passing my people who knew exactly what I was escaping from.

I dialled Jessica's number into my phone. I didn't even wait for her to pick up when I started talking or rather ranting through the phone.

" Hold on there liz, are you trying to tell me youre pissed off at your ex for ditching you and that you have no idea what shit leon is dealing with right now" she paused before carrying on." You guys are going to send me and everyone into an early grave I swear" I vaguely heard the sound of  door slamming.

"get your pretty little ass down to his office and meet me there" she was the one to hang up on me leaving me confused as hell at her words.

What the actual fuck is going on right now. I thought as I got into an uber and I used this time to search Leon's name to see if there was any news on him online.

My eyes widened when I saw numerous articles focused on him.

Sexual misconduct

Sexual assault

Who in their right mind would write this. I know Leon hasn't had a great track record recently with this whole Emily situation,  but Leon would never do this.

But this wasn't what I was angry about, not in the slightest. So instead of communicating with me like a normal person he decides to keep silent and bail on our date tonight.

Did he think I would believe these women.

I walked out the uber and headed straight into the office. Jessica was already at the front desk, she looked angry as she spoke to the man.

"Good you're here, get your mans guard dogs to step down will you" Jess said noticing my presence over her shoulder.

"actually, he doesn't want anyone coming up" the man said confidently. His words had both our heads spinning. "what" I blurted out appalled.

He looked down seeming to be slightly anxious with my response.

" he doesn't have a choice" I said walking around the desk and heading towards the lift only for my vision to be blocked by some bulky man in a suit.

Is he serious.

" Look mister, I may not be his girlfriend at this current moment but I share a son with that boss of yours so unless he doesn't want to see little jayson again  you better let me through those damn doors and i promise not to smack the living shit out of him when I reach him" I said

The big man breathed out slightly.

He pressed a finger to his ear and spoke " Did you hear that sir, I really don't want to repeat, yes sir" jess nudged me wiggling her eyebrows.

He stepped to the side letting me go through.

" Do you think its for the money" I asked Jess as we stood inside the lift waiting for it to arrive at the top floor. Where i would meet Leon.