9

Nine

Leon had agreed to stay with Jayson as I needed to calm my own mother's heart. What was supposed to be a quiet visit to my mom's turned into a full-blown media frenzy.

"It's like they don't have a life" George says as he peeks outside from the window at mom's house. I didn't think it would be this bad but seems like they wanted to know what happened so they could be the first to report on it. A lot of people wanted to know why I was with Leon and I get that 100%

This is why it's already the evening and I am still here.

"This is fucking rich" I mutter scrolling through Instagram and finding a video. George quickly ran over grabbing my phone.

It was a video of Emily commenting on what she thought about everything. Her usual black blazer with her high ponytail as she walked from her car and into a restaurant.

"I only wish the best for Leon and his family in this time. This can't be easy but I think we all know she is one strong woman" I scoffed hearing her voice. Like she's a fucking saint.

She seemed to finally use her brain over the last few months and stayed away from Leon, not like I cared anyway we were over he could have her. But she was clever enough to realise she was only a side piece to Leon.

I wanted to believe that her words about Leon wanting to leave me for her were all lies that she made up in her mind. The more I see Leon change back into that man I fell in love with, the more I believe that it was all fabricated by her.

There's been lots of speculation to whether they actually had sex, I even had no idea and frankly I don't want to know. Does cheating only count if you've had sex or is it the flirting, the texts and the kissing because they definitely did that. Leon never outlined what had happened between them so right now I was in the dark.

"Are you still working with Leon?" someone asked her. From my space on the sofa my ears perked up. "Yes, but I haven't had direct communication with him and that's understandable. He loves his family and wants to build that again. That's all I will say, thank you" I can see why people liked her.

She had a way with words I'll give her that and if she hadn't gone after Leon when she knew he was engaged I would have probably tried being friends with her.

"what a bitch" I heard mom mutter as she painted her nails at the table.

"mom!" Both me and George shouted at her. She just rolled her eyes and carried on.

I can see that it hurt her, it's clear that she wanted Leon all to herself and she had that for a little time, but Leon truly had distanced himself and I'm proud that he is spending a lot of time with jay and its clear to a lot of people that he's creating a relationship with him.

I would like to get out of the house but at the same time I think it's good that Leon and jay spend as much time together.

"I don't care what time it is, you call me okay" Mom said wrapping her arms around me. I smiled knowing that mom would more than likely be worrying about me forever now.

"I love you mom" I said placing a small kiss to her cheek.

I left with George as he agreed to drop me off at the house on his way home.

When we arrived at home, I noticed a few of the lights were on. George dropped me off before heading home as well.

I walked up to the door and pushed my key through. As soon as I walked inside, I was instantly met with the smell of cooking. It smelt like pasta and I would be lying if I said I want salivating right now.