Eight

ONE WEEK AGO

Ran:

Perfection- the action or process of improving something until it is faultless or as faultless as possible.

Perfectionism- refusal to accept any standard short of perfection.

Evrything seems to be going smoothly. Aux insists that we come up with an emergency exit plan, just in case. I told him to not worry about it, the c4 and hostages should keep the police at bay. I still need to reach out to Dad, he is my getaway. This is looking good, I plan on going over the plan with Dad to see if I missed anything important.

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I set down my bronze gold pen, reach in and pull it out. The caller ID says Sarah McGrey. I quickly answer the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey, I'm clear from ears."

"Boops, this line is for emergencies only."

"Are you at the park?"

"Boops I just said-"

"Just answer the question."

"It's lunch time so yes, I am."

Everytime twelve thirty hits, I sit at the old park behind the food market I buy my lunch from.

"Ran, I heard some chatter, there's a gold shipment passing that park soon."

I immediately stand up.

"What? How much?"

"A little over one mill. A plane was going to bring it to Michigan, but some bad weather is on the way and the bird was already in the air."

My heart skips a beat.

"Good work."

"Oh! One more thing, expect heavy security."

"Noted."

I hang up and pocket my phone.

I'll need pics of the convoy. The gold will bring our take up. Melting it will be the tricky part, I wonder if my old contact can help.

I pick up my journal and my lunch scraps and walk back towards the market.

The market itself is a beautiful place to be. The street is filled with vendors from around the city, each selling different things. Food, plants, even ice cream and cake can be bought here. There is a lot of foot traffic, the only way through is by slowly moving with the crowds and shifting side to side as I go.

My phone buzzes again, this time a text. I check my phone and It's from Boops.

*603 North Haines Ave. I'll be there in about 15 hours, traffic is bad. Just don't start the party without me!!!!! *

603 North Haines Ave, fifteen minutes and the convoy will be there, time to move.

Part of me really wants to hang here for awhile. Sight seeing downtown is something I wish I can do before the job. The tall, perfectly constructed buildings just kind of understand me. I sigh as I set my watch for ten minutes. I then grab a sample of pecans, and begin walking. As I walk, I hold my journal close to me, not wanting to drop it and risk the insides to be revealed too soon.

My precious.

As the crowd moves, I move. All I can think about is the time. I check my watch and only a minute went by.