Chapter 18 - Practices

Harry was really enjoying Quidditch practises, as Ron had taken over as keeper. Ron was becoming more and more confident, making incredible saves, and even once a goal. Eloise had been coming along to see how the chasers were playing. She had been very unfortunate in missing the try outs, but she kept practicing in case something happened. Dean was still also waiting, but he didn't seem as eager to join as Eloise. Ginny had been lent Eloise's Firebolt, and so was flying around the pitch at abnormal speeds. She scored multiple goals within the practice, and some were absolutely incredible. Harry was absolutely awestruck every time she scored. Harry caught the snitch again and again, getting quicker and quicker, except for one time when the snitch had gone up to Ginny, and so she quickly caught it and hid it, leaving Harry frustratingly flying around, searching for the flying ball. Everyone was working really well together, after Cormac had gone, everyone slotted into place. Harry knew that they easily had the best team in the school.

"Our first match is against Ravenclaw. If we play to our strengths this will be easy. Harry the seeker is Cho Chang, but she isn't great. I'd say she is good, but definitely not compared to you, especially with her broom." Katie chuckled. Harry's stomach dropped. He was going against Cho? But if he won, what would she say? Harry had to fight down his thoughts and power through. He was going to win. Gryffindor wanted the cup, he wasn't going to not let that happen for a stupid selfish reason, was he? 

Harry began walking back with Ginny and Ron on either side of him. They were talking about tactics and different possibilities of how they could win the match. Suddenly, two hands were placed on his shoulders and someone had jumped behind him. Harry, Ginny and Ron turned around to see Eloise standing there.
"Greetings, fellow humans." bowed Eloise. Ginny snorted and bowed back.
"Greetings." spoke Ginny politely. Harry curtsied, instead of bowing, and made Ron, Ginny and Eloise laugh.
"Er, howdy." mumbled Ron, ducking his head quickly as a bow. Eloise giggled slightly at Ron, who quickly ruffled his hair in awkwardness. Ginny and Harry looked at each other in an awkward way, possibly thinking the same thing. 'If they get together... what would Hermione say? '. Ginny tries to speak over their conversation, and ended up walking in-between them. Ron looked disappointed, but Harry ignored this and began talking to him about the Chudley Canons, Ron's favourite quidditch team. Ron's focus of interest changed rapidly, and both Ginny and Harry seemed happy with their success.

***

Harry was becoming excited for their small practises. Since Ginny and Dean had split up, the group had been changed to Eloise, Ron, Ginny and Harry practising together. The DA meeting was getting closer and closer, and Ron couldn't hold his excitement.                                                    
"I wonder what my patronus is. Yours is so cool and big! What if mine is just some weedy little rat? That would not be worth it. I hope I'm able to actually produce one, otherwise that could be really embarrassing." rambled Ron.                                 
"I'm sure you'll be fine Ron. You just need to get the hang of it. Have you been thinking about a happy memory like I asked?" asked Harry, intrigued.                      
"Yeah, I'm going to use when I got my acceptance letter. I knew I was a wizard already, it was just the realisation that I was going to school with other wizards and... Wow. It was just so amazing." exclaimed Ron, sounding breathless. Harry nodded.
"Seems good." agreed Harry. Harry didn't say, but he was just as excited about the next meeting as anyone. He was constantly wondering who would perform the patronus charm first, and what everyone's corporeal patronuses were. The only thing bringing down Harry's mood was the detentions he still had with Professor Umbridge. After his first detention with her, he was dreading the rest. He knew they were going to be the same, and that his hand was only going to become more and more saw. He couldn't get any more sets of detentions, because Katie Bell would be angry about missing practices, Harry would be angry with himself because it would probably be over a stupid argument that he received a detention, Hermione would give him daily disappointing glares, and Ron would just wince if he came back all bloodied from the quill.